The French Club sponsors the table française, the French concerts, film nights, attendance of French cultural plays, activities, etc., and gives students the opportunity to know other people who share similar interests.
It provides a wonderful opportunity to learn leadership skills through serving as an officer.
Activities often include crêpe parties, visits to community grades schools, high schools and businesses dealing with French and French/Canadian culture.
- Conversation tables
- Monday at 7:00 pm in the Common Grounds Coffee House
- Thursday at 11:00 am in the Common Grounds Coffee House
- French music concerts
- Showing French movies at the University
- Speaking and presenting at area schools
- Crêpe parties
Not necessarily sponsored by the French Club, but supported by it are activities such as: Teaching French to pre-school and school age children at day care centers and elementary schools in the area and presenting/teaching French to children at the Brown County Library.
Events of 2012-2013
- Moliere Than Thou
- October 22, 2012
- Crêpe sale
- November 14, 2012 (11:00am-3:00pm)
- Crêpes with Nutella, chocolate syrup, fruit, and whipped creme toppings
- Victoria Vox
- April 18, 2013 (Time TBA)
- French Day
- April 18, 2013: 9am - 2pm
Photos From Events
Moliere Than Thou 10/22/2012
Officers for 2012-2013:
Amber Bennet and Adam Meyer (co-presidents)
Katy Pilarzyk and Kyle Halida (co-VPs)
Katie Green (treasurer)
Paige Mauer (secretary)
Nicole Savage (promotions)
See the trips French Club members have taken in the past: