- Language Resource Center
- Oral Proficiency Interviews
- Student Activites
- Student Awards
- Humanistic Scholarships
French Online Magazines and News
- Les Dernières Nouvelles D'Alsace An excellent regional newspaper with international coverage, completely online, open access
- Le Monde Diplomatique (includes search by topic)
- Libération French Liberal Daily
- Le Monde Selections from this well-known Daily. Portions free, complete version requires subscription
- Google France Actualités News from 500 French language news sources updated hourly
- Links to French Newspapers, Magazines
- Elle Magazine French Version
- France-Amérique French-American Magazine
- La Voix du Nord Regional newspaper from Northern France
- Agence France Presse News bulletins, updated several times daily
- Le Nouvel Observateur
- Radio France International News and Revue de Presse
- Le Parisien Online Newspaper
- Cyberpresse Quebec news site
Radio, TV and Interactive French Sites
- France 2 news broadcasts 8:00 am; 1 o'clock and 8 o'clock televised news broadcasts are available in their entirety
- Live Radio and TV Broadcasts from around the world
- TF 1 news broadcasts Both the 1 o'clock and 8 o'clock televised news broadcasts are available
- Radio France Internationale News, documentaries
- TV5, International Francophone Television
- France 3 Television news 3 and 6 minute video news segments from 24 cities in France
- LCI News La Chaîne Infos, 24 hour news broadcasts, and more
- Le MOO français Communicate in French with others on this MOO. Directions and all you need to know can be found on this page.
- ARTE Radio French Audio clips on many subjects of interest
- The Tocqueville Weekly Newsletter on France New edition in English every Thursday
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Foreign Language Teaching Forum
- American Association of Teachers of French
- WAFLT Wisconsin Association of Teachers of Foreign Languages
- ADFL The Association of Departments of Foreign Languages
- MLA The Modern Language Association
- Alysse Weinberg's Language Teaching and Learning Resource Page at the University of Ottawa
- About.com French Teaching Tips and Tools
- European e-mail pals
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- Go-abroad.com Study abroad resources
- Educational page of the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the U.S.
- Association de Français Langue Etrangère
- Survival Guide for New Teachers U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education online publications
- ERIC / CLL Language Teaching Resource Clearinghouse
- Canadian Parents for French French as a Second Language in France
- Fairfax County School District Language Teaching and learning Resources
- Outreach World a resource for teaching kids about the world
- Professional Development Activities for Wisconsin Teachers Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Global Teaching and Learning Advocating language study K-12
- FL Curricula in grades K-8 Center for Applied Linguistics
- National Council for Languages and International Studies Advocating for language study at all levels of education
- ERIC Web-Based Language Learning Resources
France: Language / Culture / Art / Literature
- French Culture Teaching English Abroad / French cultural information
- France Pittoresque Cultural and Historic information
- Typing French Accents on the PC
- French Educational Portal Resources from Cultural Service of French Embassy in the US
- On the Importance of Knowing French
- Wisconsin's French Connections. Be sure to visit and contribute to this award-winning site in commemoration of the French and Francophone presence in the state of Wisconsin
- Over 100 Artists in The WebMuseum
- Bibliothèque Nationale de France See online exhibits such as "Naissance de la Culture Française" as well as history and pictures of the new national library in Paris
- French Foreign Affairs page
- French Ministere de la Culture
- Information of all sorts about Paris
- La France pratique News and information about France
- France.com, American Francophile Site Travel, Culture, French in the US
- Les Dictionnaires Online reference
- French Resources on Internet Page-- Hapax
- Dictionnaires en ligne All sorts of French dictionaries
- Recettes de Cuisine Find something good to cook tonight.
- News Groups for French Language and Culture
France: Geography and History
- Home Page France with regional maps
- H-France, History of France Resources
- Pictorial of Siege of Paris Commune
- History of Capetian Kings and Crusades
- The Labyrinth French Medieval Civilization: history, literature, cathedrals, art
- La Vendée
- La Bretagne A rich, beautifully constructed site
The Francophone (French-Speaking) World
- Branchez-vous Constantly updated web resources for francophone news(especially Canadian), culture, business, sports, humor, etc. Sponsored by Bell Canada. Good source, updated weekly, of what's new in French on the Web
- Agence de la Francophonie See, in particular, "autres sites" for links to pages of participating governments around the world from Belgium to Vietnam
- La Toile du Québec. Links to all sorts of information on Québec
- La Wallonie. Home page for French and Wallon-speaking Belgium. Of special interest to Wisconsinites with Belgian ancestry
- Quebec Government Home Page
- University of Laval
- Afrique Francophone. Numerous African sites
- Les îles du monde francophone
- The Canadian Encyclopedia online (French and English)
- Canadiana Canadian Resource Page
Additional French Links
- Tennessee Bob's French Links Thousands of places to look, lists by category
- French Resources Very nice French Resources page from Lauren Rosen of the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- University of Toledo Bookmarks
- University of Northern Iowa French Links
La France Physique
Paris et les Régions et les Provinces
Les Langues de le France
La République Française
Les Partis Politiques et les Elections
Le Travail es le Temps Libre
La Protection Sociale
La Technologie et le Commerce
Culture and History
- Grand Marchè d' Art Contemporain: a collection of contemporary French art viewable by artist, theme or type of work.
- Musée canadien des beaux-arts: links to special exhibitions, collections and much more.
- Provence Market: links to food, hotels, the arts, and more from Provence.
- WebMuseum, Paris: organized by artist, movement, or century; offers images and information about a wide variety of art.
- Louvre: the Louvre's Web site offers a glimpse of its collections, as well as its history, publications and current exhibitions.
- Martine Carles: view the works of this painter from Montpellier. Her works demonstrate deep emotion and reflection on human life.
- Musée de la civilisation: a wealth of material in this Québec museum. Loaded with historical information, or visit the collections, the virtual boutique and much more.
- Gastronomy: Provence-Beyond (Beyond the French Riviera) is a site that includes recipes as well as word lists that will make any French restaurant menu a breeze to interpret.
- Les Fromages de France: what goes better with wine than the many cheeses of France? Take a look at the cheeses by region.
- Need a recipe for French food? Check this out!
- Histoire-Premier Ministre: historical information on France from the late 1800's to the late 1900's.
- l'Espace Culturel: the name says it all. You will find links to music, literature, art, archeology, and more. Don't miss this site!
- L'Explorateur Culturel: just as the title says, a place to explore French culture and language. Includes links to art, literature, politics, language learning and much more. All in French!
Music, Radio and Television
- French Music Database: Know a song and want to see the lyrics? Looking to find which CD has which song? This is the place to go.
- Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse: interested in French orchestras? Find out what's happening in Toulouse.
- Radio France Internationale: Daily news in French.
- L'art du Cinéma: for those interested in cinematography, here's a nice site with links to reviews, discussion and general information on related topics.
- Le Cinéma: links to film information, cinematography or search the database of French film.
- Télé 7 Jours: for the TV buff, this site will keep you up on French TV.
- TF1-L'info: includes RealPlayer clips on general news, sports, cinema, and more.
- France 3 En Ligne: news and information from France. Includes news and weather clips, regional festivals, foods, and more.
- France Link: link to news and radio programming in French.
- André Gide: an extensive historical guide on the life and works of André Gide.
- Astérix Le Gaulois: all you ever wanted to know about the French comic Astérix.
- ARTFL Project: French Language Treasury, language and literature resource list. Check out the Romance Languages Resource Page for many interesting French links.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France: browse the library of France.
Language Learning Sites
- Make French Your Business: this online learning tool includes video sequences followed by online practice exercises.
- Tex's French Grammar: offering a guide to French grammar and practice exercises.
- Civilisation français: an intermediate course for learning French culture through pictures and video. Answer self-check questions to test your new knowledge.
- French Reading Comprehension: Intermediate level reading exercises. Read, study and quiz yourself.
- Verb Conjugation: choose your tense and type in the infinitive to get the correct verb form.
- ARTFL: Project French-English Dictionary Form: type in the term of your choice either in English or French and get the corresponding translation.
- Dictionnaires et Lexiques: choose your favorite dictionary from a long list including French/English, technology terms, grammar terms, historic language, encyclopedias, and more.
- The Minnesota Language Proficiency Assessments (MLPA): The Minnesota Language Proficiency Assessments (MLPA) are a battery of instruments that are designed for use in certifying the second language proficiency of secondary and post-secondary students in French, German, and Spanish. The MLPA can be used to facilitate the articulation of language instruction between secondary and post-secondary education and to help make placement decisions. MLPA components are available for evaluating proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Pencil-and-paper versions of all four tests are available. Computer-based versions of the reading tests are available now, and computer-based versions of the listening and writing tests will be available by late Summer 1999.
Chat and Virtual Worlds
- Le MOO Français: an environment for French enthusiasts to meet and practice the target language in a conversational atmosphere.
- Connect France: prepare foryour visit to France with this informative site. Includes information onhotels, restaurants, leisure and more. Don't miss the wine section!
- Aix-en-Provence: a site for those of you thinking of studying abroad in this charming city.
- Guide officieux de Ferney-Voltaire: learn about this beautiful French city in the alps.
- Le Nord-Pas-de-Calais: focused on northern France, this site is organized by categories such as culture, geography, food, and so on.
- Paris: a French multimedia tour including links to everything that's hot in Paris.
- Corsicamedia: a plentiful directory of Corsican sites. Easy to navigate with drop down menus by category.
- Sauveterre-de-Béarn: tour this medievial city in the French Pyrenees. Get historic information, visit monuments, and peruse general hotel and tourist information.
- Prenez le train: everything you want to know about trains in France, including price for an imaginary (or real) voyage. Also connects to the SNCF server.
- Guide Web des Vacances et de l'Hébergement en France: planning a vacation in France and need a place to stay? Here you will find everything from campsites to apartments to rent.
- Parc naturel régional de Chartreuse: visit this beautiful park and the surrounding areas. Wonderful pictures of the architecture and historical information.
- Québec: the official tourism site for Québec including everything you need to explore this region of Canada.
- French Studies Web: access to scholarly resources in French Studies; subjects range from archeology to women's studies.
- Francophonie canadienne: news, government, search feature and a variety of other links to French speaking Canada.
- AdmiNet: the French connection to regional, governmental, and business information.
- Chroniques Cybérie: a weekly list of sites of general interest. Search feature available.
- ClicNet: offers a long listing of French links by subject. Information intended for instructors, students, and anyone else interested in French language and culture.
- French @Lehman, à CUNY et au delà...: links to French speaking sites by region as well as general French language resources. Of special interest areAfrique francophone, ”le en ”le, and New York City Francophone.
- La Toile du Québec: still haven't found what you're looking for? Try this French Portal from Qu
Professional Language Associations
- American Association of Teachers of French: information about the AATF and many useful French links.
- Association canadienne d'éducation de langue française: ACELF offers links to general information about their organization and other sites of interest.