Enjoy learning about the Earth System in both laboratory and field settings. Field trips and independent research help students gather skills for industry or graduate school.
Geology Club provides students pursuing Geoscience professions a competitive edge through leadership opportunities and quality advising.
Activities include field trips to museums, conferences and geologic localities, hands-on research, and guest speakers.Learn more »
New Geologic Map of Brown County
Geoscience Chair Dr. Luczaj mapped the bedrock geology of Brown County, recovery of water levels in the confined aquifer of northeastern Wisconsin, the history of Maribel Caves, and the water-rock interaction history of Paleozoic carbonate rocks.Download the map (PDF)
News stories in Inside
- Prof. Luczaj to lead geology hike through Baird Creek
November 7, 2016
- Faculty note: Robinson, Fermanich
October 19, 2016
- Studying a rock and a hard place: Ancient magmas in Antarctica at the core of Yagle’s research
October 6, 2016
- Student inventor and ‘tinkerer’ facilitates drone research at UWGB
July 28, 2016
- Faculty publication: NAS faculty team up for key research, groundwater findings
June 21, 2016