Enjoy learning about the Earth System in both laboratory and field settings. Field trips and independent research help students gather skills for industry or graduate school.
Geology Club provides students pursuing Geoscience professions a competitive edge through leadership opportunities and quality advising.
Activities include field trips to museums, conferences and geologic localities, hands-on research, and guest speakers.Learn more »
New Geologic Map of Brown County
Geoscience Chair Dr. Luczaj mapped the bedrock geology of Brown County, recovery of water levels in the confined aquifer of northeastern Wisconsin, the history of Maribel Caves, and the water-rock interaction history of Paleozoic carbonate rocks.Download the map (PDF)
News stories in Inside
- Luczaj says groundwater conditions could be factor with I-43 bridge
October 14, 2013
- Photo: A faint smudge, a comet, and a little advice for comet watchers
March 18, 2013
- Comet watchers need scopes, sharp eyes
March 17, 2013
- Bedrock work uncovers new info, ancient faults
December 7, 2012
- Dutch treat… from noon to 3 p.m. Friday
May 4, 2012