Archive of Colloquia & Brown Bag Schedule
The Colloquia Series 2010-2012
- “Economics of Health Care Reform” presented by Dr. Kumar Kangayappan, Professor of Urban and Regional Studies, Economics and Interdisciplinary Studies, 2 p.m., October 5th, 2010.
- “Gender and Aging” presented by Dr. Christine Smith, Professor of Human Development and Psychology, 2 p.m., November, 11th, 2010.
- "The New Potential of Stem Cells" presented by Dr. Dennis Lorenz, Professor of Human Development and Psychology, 2 p.m., February 8th, 2011.
- “The Ethics of Euthanasia” presented by Dr. Derek Jeffreys, Professor of Religious Studies and Humanistic Studies, 2 p.m., April 19th, 2011.
- “Update on Dementia Research” presented by Dr. Fred Walbrun, M.D., Geriatrician at Prevea Health Center in Green Bay, 2.p.m., October 18, 2011
All presentations occurred in the University Union, Alumni Room B from 2 pm to 3:20 pm.
Brown-Bag Schedule 2010-12:
- October 8th - Stacie Herzog "Caregiver Stress"
- November 12th - Sandy Stokes "Medical Literacy"
- December 10th - no meeting/end of semester
- January 14th - no meeting/semester break
- February 11th - Noreen Greatens and Peggy Collinsmith "Legacies Arts Project"
- March 11th - Cancelled
- April 8th - Doreen Higgins "Minority Elders & Federal Health Care Policy"
- May 13th - no meeting/end of semester
- November 11, 2011 - Robert Geimer, JD, MBA. "Important Topics and Concerns in Elder Law"
- February 10, 2012 - Le (Leanne) Zhu. "Current Research Topic – Food Science and Tea"