Assistant Professor of Democracy and Justice Studies
- MAC A321
- (920) 465-2714
- “Black and White at Center Court: Arthur Ashe and the Confrontation of Apartheid in South Africa,” Diplomatic History (forthcoming).
- “Dias, Bartolomeu,” “Tolkien, J.R.R.,” and “Van Riebeeck, Jan” in Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Emmanuel Akyeampong, eds., Dictionary of African Biography (New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
- “Researching in the Beloved Country: Archives and Adventure in South Africa,” Passport: The Newsletter of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations 38, no. 3 (December 2007): 44-47.
- “The World is Watching: Polaroid and South Africa,” Enterprise & Society: The International Journal of Business History 7, no. 3 (September 2006): 520-549.
- “Our Own Interests: Nixon, South Africa, and Dissent at Home and Abroad,” Diplomacy & Statecraft 17, no. 3 (September 2006): 475-495.
Education: B.A., Ohio University; M.A., Miami University; Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder
- Foundations for Social Research
- Foreign and Defense Policies
- Comparative Politics
- Global Politics and Society