Advanced Opportunity Grant (AOP)
The AOP grant is funded by the State of Wisconsin, and is intended to encourage and assist graduate minority and/or disadvantaged students with educational costs.
Learn more about the AOP grant on the Financial Aid website
Wisconsin Indian Grant (WIG)
Awards under this program are made to Wisconsin residents who are at least 25% Native American and are undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in degree or certificate programs at University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, independent colleges and universities or proprietary institutions based in Wisconsin. Awards are based on financial need with a limit of ten semesters of eligibility. HEAB has an informal matching arrangement with grant funds awarded by the Federal Bureau of Indian Affairs and Wisconsin Tribal governments.
Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives, INC. (WONE)
Educational Stipend Program MSN, PhD, or DNP
The Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives, Inc. has education funds available for Wisconsin nurses seeking an advanced degree related to nursing leadership. One $1000 one-time stipend will be awarded for a MSN, PhD or DNP degree in 2012. Education stipend applications must be e-mailed no later than September 15, 2012.
- The program of study must be:
- An advanced degree substantially related to nursing leadership
- Accredited by a recognized accrediting body
All documents must be submitted electronically. Microsoft applications and pdf files are acceptable.
The applicant must submit:
- Application including:
- Preferred telephone number(s)
- Preferred e-mail(s)
- Place of employment (if applicable)
- Wisconsin RN certificate of registration number
- Name of school enrolled in for the advanced degree
- The program of study
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Other funding sources such as tuition reimbursement, scholarships, and grants
- An essay from the applicant identifying:
- Professional goals and how you plan to attain these goals
- The way you plan to affect nursing and patient care in Wisconsin
- Areas of interest, memberships in professional and community organizations and any related activities
- Topic of planned focus area for research, scholarly, or capstone project
- What you perceive your role as a nursing leader to be in the future
- Enrollment verification from the school for the academic year
Submit application to:
Kathryn Olson, DNP, RN, NEA-BC
Director Patient Care Services
Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital
611 – St. Joseph Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449
The applicant chosen to be awarded the stipend will be notified by October 2012. The stipend will be given upon receipt of satisfactory completion of course work. A grade point average of B is required.