Barbara Hauxhurst Cofrin Graduate Research Assistantships
Two Barbara Hauxhurst Cofrin Graduate Research Assistantships are available for students pursuing the Master of Science degree in Environmental Science and Policy (ES&P). The purpose of these graduate research assistantships is to provide research experience for developing professionals in the fields of environmental science, and environmental policy and administration.
To qualify for this assistantship, the applicant must:
- Be fully admitted to the ES&P master’s degree program.
- Be enrolled for a minimum of six credits of course work each semester and no fewer than 15 credits during the entire academic year.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average for graduate courses
- Have outstanding potential for scholarship and research in the area of environmental science or environmental policy.
- Pursue one of the three emphases within the ES&P program - Environmental Technology and Analysis, Ecosystems Studies, or Environmental Policy and Administration.
Assistantships are awarded on a competitive basis by a committee of ES&P faculty. The selection committee includes representatives of the three emphases and may not include the thesis advisor of any applicant. Each recipient conducts research under the supervision on an ES&P faculty member for an average or at least 20 hours per week throughout the award period, and this research is the basis for the recipient’s master’s thesis. Students also receive an annual stipend. The stipend for an assistantship in 2013-2014 was $11,367. The exact amount of the stipend for the 2014-2015 academic year will be determined after July 1, 2014.
The deadline for applications is March 1st for Fall semester enrollment and by October 1st for Spring semester enrollment.
For more information or assistance with the application form contact:
Office of Graduate Studies
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, CL 835
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54311-7001