Honors in the Major
Honors in the major project may satisfy the requirements for summa cum laude honors as described on page 153 of the 2002-2004 undergraduate catalogue.
General Objectives: This course is designed to give students the opportunity to research a topic not covered by the current curriculum in the major. You will work on a project of your own design. Students partake in every aspect of the research process.
· Use APA style effectively when writing papers
· Demonstrate basic proficiency with a computer-based statistical package
· Use library facilities and computerized databases (e.g., PsychINFO) to locate pertinent information
· Have the ability to assess critically the merits of basic and applied research
· Have the ability to accurately interpret and use such research
· Understand the basic principles of research designs from the variety of relevant disciplines
· Understand the ethical issues involved in research
- Minimum GPA of 3.50 for all courses in the major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.75 for all upper-level courses in the major.
- Successful completion of this course.