History's emphasis on research and analysis nourishes intellectual growth and critical thinking. Students are prepared for careers in law, business, diplomacy, government, journalism, teaching, and PR.
Passionate About our Past
- Our history majors develop educational strategic plans for national historic treasures.
- Our interns work behind the scenes at historically focused institutions and agencies.
- Our alumni help preserve our heritage nationwide.
- Our faculty are well-known authors and experts.
- Our Center for History and Social Change hosts outstanding visiting scholars.
- Our campus hosts continuing development for teachers and National History Day for local teachers and their students.
Historical Perspectives Lecture Series
The Center for History and Social Change promotes historical study, thought, and discourse through organizing lectures, seminars, and other events conducted by outstanding visiting historical scholars.
The foremost activity of the Center has been the Historical Perspectives Lecture Series.
Join us for our next annual series of talks by a wide variety of historians and social scientists.Learn more »
News & Events
- Additional awards recognize student workers in unique categories
April 15, 2015
- Text: Prof. Gregory S. Aldrete’s acceptance speech for UW System teacher of the year
April 14, 2015
- Students honored: Alfheim is Student Employee of the Year
April 14, 2015
- Award-winning Aldrete to Regents: History isn’t history, it’s asking questions
April 13, 2015
- Prof. Gregory Aldrete receives UW System’s highest teaching honor
March 25, 2015