History's emphasis on research and analysis nourishes intellectual growth and critical thinking. Students are prepared for careers in law, business, diplomacy, government, journalism, teaching, and PR.
Passionate About our Past
- Our history majors develop educational strategic plans for national historic treasures.
- Our interns work behind the scenes at historically focused institutions and agencies.
- Our alumni help preserve our heritage nationwide.
- Our faculty are well-known authors and experts.
- Our Center for History and Social Change hosts outstanding visiting scholars.
- Our campus hosts continuing development for teachers and National History Day for local teachers and their students.
Historical Perspectives Lecture Series
The Center for History and Social Change promotes historical study, thought, and discourse through organizing lectures, seminars, and other events conducted by outstanding visiting historical scholars.
The foremost activity of the Center has been the Historical Perspectives Lecture Series.
Join us for our next annual series of talks by a wide variety of historians and social scientists.Learn more »
News & Events
- Philosophers’ Café returns with Ganyard talk on history… and science fiction
September 2, 2014
- ‘Linen mini-dress’ lands Aldrete on Public Radio International
July 11, 2014
- Associate Prof. Ganyard, Chancellor Harden honored during UW Regents meeting
June 6, 2014
- Twelve UW-Green Bay faculty members earn academic promotions, tenure
June 6, 2014
- Alumni rising: UWGB alumni provide quality early education at Encompass
May 30, 2014