History's emphasis on research and analysis nourishes intellectual growth and critical thinking. Students are prepared for careers in law, business, diplomacy, government, journalism, teaching, and PR.
Passionate About our Past
- Our history majors develop educational strategic plans for national historic treasures.
- Our interns work behind the scenes at historically focused institutions and agencies.
- Our alumni help preserve our heritage nationwide.
- Our faculty are well-known authors and experts.
- Our Center for History and Social Change hosts outstanding visiting scholars.
- Our campus hosts continuing development for teachers and National History Day for local teachers and their students.
Historical Perspectives Lecture Series
The Center for History and Social Change promotes historical study, thought, and discourse through organizing lectures, seminars, and other events conducted by outstanding visiting historical scholars.
The foremost activity of the Center has been the Historical Perspectives Lecture Series.
Join us for our next annual series of talks by a wide variety of historians and social scientists.Learn more »
News & Events
- Blake receives National Fellowship
December 9, 2014
- Faculty note: Boswell publication, presentation
November 19, 2014
- Faculty Note: Lockard publication
November 11, 2014
- Faculty note: Lowery essay
October 22, 2014
- History students get hands-on history lesson: Life as a Viking
October 9, 2014