Harvey J. Kaye
- MAC A315
- (920) 465-2355
Harvey J. Kaye is the Ben & Joyce Rosenberg Professor of Democracy and Justice Studies. Author and editor of numerous works, including "The American Radical, Are We Good Citizens?", and "Thomas Paine and the Promise of America", Kaye teaches courses on American history, politics, and society and is currently writing a book on Franklin Roosevelt and the World War II generation to be titled "The Four Freedoms and the Promise of America".
Essays & Public Presentations
- "Time Again for Tom Paine?" on Bill Moyers Journal (Jan. 18, 2008).
- Professor Kaye contributes regularly to the Guardian Unlimited. His essays are collected in "comment is free".
- Thomas Paine and the Promise of America
- Thomas Paine: Firebrand of the Revolution (a young adult biography)
- The British Marxist Historians
- The Powers of the Past
- The Education of Desire
- "Why do Ruling Classes Fear History" and Other Questions
- Are We Good Citizens?
- E.P. Thompson: Critical Perspectives
- The American Radical
- 2006 Wisconsin Library Association Outstanding Achievement award for Thomas Paine and the Promise of America
- NEH Fellowship, 2002-2003
- New York Public Library "Best Book for the Teen Age 2001" for Thomas Paine: Firebrand of the Revolution
- Founders Award for Scholarship
- Founders Award for Institutional Development
- Isaac Deutscher Memorial Prize