Re-Contracting & Room Selection 2014-15
-Re-contracting for 2014-15 begins February 25th and ends April 3rd-
If you have questions, please contact our office, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., (920) 465-2040, visit the Residence Life Office & Community Center, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline - Re-Contracting & Room Selection
|Re-Contracting Begins||Tues., Feb. 25th|
|Deadline for Residents to Re-Contract||Thurs., April 3rd|
|Deadline for New-to-Housing Students
(if preferencing a current resident)
|Thurs., April 3rd|
|Room Selection Tickets Sent
(via campus email)
|Thurs., April 10|
|Room Selection in the Kress Events Center
(bring Room Selection tickets during appointment time)
|April 16th, 17th, 18th|
Step 1: Contract Type
Decide Contract Type - Academic Year or Year-Round
August 28, 2014 to May 16, 2015
Academic year housing contracts are for the entire academic year (including winter break).
May 23, 2014 to May 16, 2015
Year-round housing contracts are for a continuous stay in one accommodation for the entire summer through the entire academic year (including winter break). Review the year-round FAQs for more details.
Step 2: Re-Contract
Re-Contract for Housing Online
- Contracting Online: You may re-contract for housing online now through Thursday, April 3rd, 2014. There is no benefit to contracting earlier versus later, provided you contract by the deadline.
- Housing Contracts: Once you electronically accept the terms of your online Housing Contract, you are legally bound to fulfilling all of the contract terms and conditions, including financial payment and the dates of the contract (just as you would when signing a rental lease to live off-campus). You may review the terms and conditions of the Housing Contract here.
- Contracting Deadline: The deadline for contracting is Thursday, April 3rd, 11:59 p.m. Resident students who miss the contracting deadline may be accommodated in housing, space permitting.
- Contracting Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation via email within 48 hours of contracting online. Print and save the confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact Housing & Residence Life.
- Advance Deposit: No additional deposit is needed if you are a current resident. Your current $200 deposit will be used to secure housing for next year. Your deposit is nonrefundable if you contract for housing, and then later decide not to attend UW Green Bay.
- Requesting a Roommate who is New-to-Housing: You may request to live with a student who will be new-to-housing. To do so, the student who will be new-to-housing must secure a Housing Contract by Thursday, April 3rd indicating their preferred roommate’s name in Roommate Preference on the Housing Contract Application. A Roommate Pull-in Voucher will then be sent to the student who will be new-to-housing and should be forwarded to the returning student. This Roommate Pull-in Voucher must be submitted at room selection on April 16th, 17th, or 18th for assignment purposes.
- Assistance and Questions: If you need assistance with contracting for housing, please visit or contact Housing & Residence Life or call (920) 465-2040.
Step 3: Room Selection
Room Selection - Select Preferred Room or Apartment
- Room Assignments: Room assignments, which are subject to availability, will take place in the Special Events Room located in the Kress Events Center on Wednesday April 16th, Thursday April 17th, and Friday April 18th.
- Room Assignment Priority Number: Your Room Selection Ticket will provide the date and time you may come to the Kress Events Center to request your preference for a particular room or apartment. Your priority number reflects the order in which you will be served, which is determined by: a) your number of semesters in housing, b) your academic credits earned, and c) a random number system to provide quality service and minimize long lines and waiting.
- Check Priority Numbers Being Served: For your convenience you may check the priority numbers being served on your assignment day (April 16th, 17th or 18th) online.
- Housing Types: During your assignment time you will be given the opportunity to request your preferred housing type, space permitting. Housing types include: a) 11 residence halls; b) 9 apartment buildings with shared bedrooms (3312 through 3334); and c) 6 apartment buildings with private bedrooms (Harden, Robishaw, Thompson, Liebl, Haevers, and Pamperin halls).
- Housing Options: View information (e.g. which halls have elevators, air conditioning, shared bedrooms, private bedrooms, etc.) on our housing options pages. Please note that all buildings are open during semester breaks. Also note which buildings may be open during the summer if you plan to live on campus year-round (Pamperin, Thompson, Haevers, Robishaw, and Harden Halls).
- Special Housing Accommodations: Please contact Dawn in the Office of Residence Life at by Thursday, April 3rd if you have a disability requiring special housing accommodations. You may do so by calling (920) 465-2042 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
- Roommate Preference: When requesting your room/preference, you and your preferred roommates must bring everyone’s Room Selection Tickets. For your convenience, only one person in a group of roommates needs to bring the groups' Housing Contract Tickets when requesting your room preference. However, if your room preference is unavailable at the time of room signup, it's important for you to know your roommates' alternate room preferences or have them present for discussion and decision making purposes.
- Scheduling Conflicts: If you have extenuating circumstances preventing you from participating in the room assignment process on April 16th, 17th, and 18th, you must contact Housing & Residence Life – at least 24 hours prior to your assigned date/time. Resident students who miss the room assignment deadline identified above, and fail to make alternate arrangements to accommodate their extenuating circumstances, will be assigned an accommodation based on availability after all other returning students have selected housing.
- Studying Abroad: If you plan to study abroad during in the fall of 2014-15 and intend to return to university housing in the spring of 2015, please contact Dawn, email@example.com in Housing & Residence Life by Thursday, April 3rd. You may do so by calling (920) 465-2040 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
Step 4: Confirm
Housing Assignment Confirmation
- Confirmation Email: You will receive confirmation of your room assignment via email immediately after you sign up for your room on April 16th, 17th, or 18th. It is recommended you print and save this correspondence.
- Room Change Waitlist: If you did not receive your room preference you may request to be placed on the room change waitlist. To do so contact Dawn, firstname.lastname@example.org in Housing & Residence Life by calling (920) 465-2042 during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
- Final Confirmation: In July you will receive email notification and confirmation of your room or apartment assignment and the names of roommates living in your room or apartment as part of Express Check-In.