Year-Round Housing 2015-16
Frequently Asked Questions
The following list of questions and answers are designed to help current residents considering a year-round contract for 2015-16 (May 22, 2015 to May 14, 2016). Please contact The Office of Residence Life if you have further questions.
What are the benefits of year-round housing?
- All interim periods are included (continuous stay with no additional charges beyond the year-round contract rate)
- Stay in your same room year round (no moves - just check-in once and stay for a year)
- Live in an apartment with private bedrooms
Who is eligible for year-round housing?
- All returning residents who wish to stay in the same bedspace for the entire summer and academic year are eligible.
- Returning students who are interested in 2015-16 academic year and only a specific summer academic term are not eligible and should contract for the summer academic session housing separately.
- Certain Residence Life live-in student positions are not eligible for year round contracts including the Summer Housing Assistants, Summer On-Call Facilities Assistants, Academic Year Resident Assistants, and Academic Year Community Advisors.
- If you have any questions concerning your eligibility for year-round housing contact the Office of Residence Life at 920-465-2040 before signing a year round contract.
When can I move to a year-round assignment?
- Move in (or room change) to year-round accommodations primarily occurs on May 22nd (9am-4pm). Be sure to come to the Community Center / Residence Life Office to check-in to your new accommodation
- Residents already living on campus for spring 2015 will continue in their spring accommodations from May 16th until May 22nd at no extra charge (while their year-round accommodation is being prepared)
Do I have to pay for year-round housing at one time?
- Housing charges are divided into 3 payments, summer, fall, and spring and are per person/per year rates. Furthermore, partial payment plans are available through the Student Billing Office
Do I have to pay for spring-summer (May 16th-22nd) & summer-fall (August 14th-30th) interim periods if I have year-round housing?
- No, the cost to stay here is a combined charge of summer-academic year rate
- There is no seperate charge for the interim periods
How do I contract for year-round housing?
- Starting on February 10th, go to the online contracting site and you will
to select from:
("Acad. Year – Aug. 30th, 2015 - May 14th, 2016" or "Year-Round – May 22nd, 2015 – May 14th, 2016")
- Select the Year-Round option
How do I get a specific preferred assignment?
- You will be assigned a priority number (on your ticket to room selection) for year-round housing which will allow you to select an apartment during room selection on March 25th or 26th in one of the designated year-round buildings, space permitting
- All students that contracted for year-round housing by the deadline last year were able to live in one of the designated buildings (see next question)
What buildings are designated as year-round housing?*
When is the deadline for year-round contracting?
- You need to have contracted for year-round housing by March 15th, 2015
If I change my mind about year-round can I change my contract to academic year housing?
- If you sign and submit a year-round housing contract, you are bound to the terms and conditions of the contract
- If you have any questions please Contact The Office of Residence Life prior to completing a year-round contract.
Can I live with roommates who don’t want year-round housing?
- Yes, if you have available bed spaces in your apartment for the summer you would likely be assigned other roommates in summer and then they would move out before your academic year roommates arrive on August 30th.
What if my preferred roommate has a better priority number than me but may not want year-round housing?
- You may use the best priority number (Room Selection Ticket) of your roommate group for room selection regardless of which people signed a year-round housing contract or academic year contract
When does my year-round contract end?
- May 14th, 2016
- If desired, it is possible for you to then re-contract for 2016-17 year-round housing next spring and continue on for a second year in the same accommodation without ever moving (provided your building is again designated as a year-round building)
Is my housing truly continuous; do I have to leave during semester and spring breaks?
- It is continuous - all housing facilities are open during spring break and semester break and the contract period is from May 22nd, 2015 – May 14th, 2016
What if I only want housing for the academic summer term for 4, 6, or 8-week sessions?
- This is permitted, but is not considered year-round housing. Instead it would be a summer academic term contract which does not qualify for a year-round contract and rates
- Summer-only contracting begins on Thursday, April 9th.