Working Title: Director of Multimedia Services
UW System Title: Associate Media Specialist
||June 25, 2014
|Essential Job Functions:
The Director of Multimedia Services reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Communication and Video Services, and assists with media relations for the Athletics department.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination of a comprehensive daily media relations effort designed to generate and maintain interest in Green Bay Phoenix Athletics, as well as the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay.
- Generate content for the website that is designed to provide fans and supporters of the program with up-to-date information on sport programs.
- Act as lead producer/director for live event productions and on-demand video for GreenBayPhoenix.com and the Horizon League Network.
- Supervise approximately 50-75 live event productions to be delivered to the Horizon League Network, ESPN, or other outlets.
- Develop annual on-demand and additional live production content plan.
- Serve as the Video Services liaison to the Horizon League Network and other production partners.
- Shoot, edit, and write on-demand features for GreenBayPhoenix.com. Ensure on-demand highlights are posted on GreenBayPhoenix.com and the Horizon League Network after every live production.
- Maintain production equipment provided by the League and/or the UW-Green Bay athletic department.
- Collaborate with the marketing department and Learfield Sports Properties to ensure presence of all in-game elements.
- Develop and fulfill the plan for improving video board contact at UW-Green Bay athletics and Kress Center facility events.
- Serve as the media relations contact for sport programs as assigned.
- Coordinate all media operations during assigned games.
- Design, write, and edit high quality informational and promotional materials and publications, including graphic design pieces.
- Monitor, promote, and generate content for various social media accounts and platforms.
- Travel with sports programs to away contests as determined by the Assistant Athletics Director for Communications and Video Services.
- Establish effective interpersonal relationships with coaches, players, administrators, students, and the public.
- Bachelors degree at time of application
- Two years of video production experience in a college athletic department, professional sports organization, or other related position
- Video production and editing skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with webcasting and video board equipment (Tricaster, Live Text, 3Play, Daktronics)
- Proficiency with video editing and graphic design software (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop)
The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse population, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural and economic resource.
|Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time academic staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
|Special Conditions of Appointment:
||Position will require work on nights and weekends throughout the year in order to meet the needs of the Athletics Department. Travel with assigned sport programs will be required. Must be authorized to drive in accordance with the requirements of the State of Wisconsin.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "9826"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Director of Multimedia Services "
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2498
||To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Thursday, July 10, 2014.
Note: Information on “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.