|| December 2, 2016
|Essential Job Functions:
The Austin E. Cofrin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay seeks applicants for the position of Associate Dean. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business and is responsible for coordinating activities related to accreditation, curriculum and enrollment management, student affairs, and initiatives related to excellence of the School and its programs and services. The Associate Dean will serve as a liaison between the School and other university offices and committees on matters related to curriculum planning and development.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the continuing development and implementation of the School's strategic plan to obtain initial accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Provide leadership in the development of a new MBA program.
- Provide leadership in the development of the Supply Chain Management and Logistics program.
- Participate in the execution of Data Science and Business Analysis curricula.
- Provide leadership in the School in the pursuit of excellence of programs and services that support student learning experiences.
- Provide oversight of curriculum planning and management, including enrollment management, program reviews, academic catalog revisions, and schedule of classes.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and modification of the fall, spring, summer, and January interim timetable/schedule of classes.
- Coordinate data management for School curricular and program information.
- Communicate with the budget unit chair, the academic program chairs, and the faculty/staff about student advising activities, and serve as the Dean's designee for handling student complaints and petitions.
- Assist with identifying potential funding sources, and develop grant proposals.
- Assist with building queries in Sedona System for accreditation purposes and/or program analysis.
- Support School efforts to promote professional development of faculty/staff and faculty excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Assume backup budget authority in the absence of the Dean.
- Represent the College and the Dean on institutional committees and within the university community.
- Serve as a liaison between the School and campus administrative operations of the registrar, facilities/space, legal, and grants and research.
- Assist the Dean with community outreach and fundraising.
- Assist with faculty/staff searches within the School.
- Potentially teach up to two classes per year in any of the following areas of management: supply chain management; logistics; operations; human resources; strategy; organizational behavior; and entrepreneurship.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse array of students and colleagues, demonstrated integrity and leadership, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team. The Austin E. Cofrin School of Business values experience working in the world of business and the ability to teach a variety of courses in the management curriculum.
- Earned doctorate in Business, or closely related field, from an AACSB accredited institution or its equivalent at time of application.
- A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service consistent with the grant of tenure and the rank of Associate Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Experience with curricular planning and development at the department or university level
- Commitment to excellence in programs and services that promote student achievement and success
- Experience with either initial accreditation or a continuous improvement review by the AACSB
- Experience with student recruitment and retention
- A commitment to, and evidence of, securing external support through granting, fundraising, and development
- Experience developing programs/centers in areas such as international programs, supply chain management, and data analysis
|Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time Limited appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "12567"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Associate Dean "
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of all graduate work
You must select "Submit Application." Selecting "Save as Draft " or "Exit" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2051
||To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.