Working Title: Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
UW System Title: Assistant Coach
|| January 17, 2017
|Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach reports to the Head Women's Soccer Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with all aspects of running a succesful Division 1 Women's Soccer program.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes through observation of ability and talent in accordance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Horizon League, and UW-Green Bay.
- Provide technical expertise, and utilize sound coaching methods aimed to improve the athletic performance of student athletes.
- Assist with monitoring of student-athlete academics.
- Assist with clinics and camps.
- Assist with planning and supervision of in-season and out-of-season practice sessions, including team and individual practices.
- Assist with ordering team gear and equipment.
- Assist with scouting of opponents and creation of a game plan for each game.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as assigned.
- Assist in fundraising for the Women's Soccer program and Athletics Department attending fundraising events.
- Participate in marketing promotions and activities to generate fan support.
- Participate in promotional and public relations events.
- Bachelors Degree at time of application
- 1 year of coaching experience at college/club/high school level
- Possession of, or eligibility to obtain, a valid Wisconsin driver's license upon appointment
- Must be able to pass NCAA Coaches exam upon appointment
- Collegiate or professional soccer playing experience
- Experience in goalkeeping
- Experience coaching at the NCAA D-1 Level
The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse student population, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.
|Conditions of Appointment:
This position will require significant travel, as well as significant evening and weekend hours.
Position is a full-time Limited appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "12774"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Assistant Coach (Women's Soccer) "
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
||To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Friday, January 27, 2017.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.