Title: University Services Program Associate (Two Vacancies)
||February 1, 2017
|Essential Job Functions:
The Division of Outreach & Extension at the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay seeks applicants for two University Services Program Associate positions. Applicants to this posting will be considered for both positions.
The University Services Program Associate reports to either the Director of Camps and Conferences or the Director of Continuing Professional Education and is responsible for providing a high level of customer service within the Division, University of Wisconsin Green Bay, outside customers and partnering organizations. As a liaison with internal and external people, this position interacts with a diverse audience of individuals and organizations by communicating procedural information, interpreting and implementing system regulations and policies, and resolving complex problems as they occur. Program support includes registration, billing, payment, updating website and coordinating program logistics. The position calls for a highly organized, flexible, and self-directed individual with excellent customer service skills.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Use and maintain the USI and SIS software for internal office management and reporting of credit and noncredit program information, registration, and tracking.
- Set up programs in the data management system, and interface and link to the websites.
- Maintain program websites.
- Write queries and create reports as necessary to provide data for program functions for internal and external requests.
- Maintain accuracy in all program management and registration systems.
- Coordinate and perform registrations and payment activities for credit and noncredit programs including downloading and processing electronic applications, registrations, deposits and chargebacks.
- Handle and properly secure sensitive and confidential financial documents and registration information.
- Understand and follow the University's financial procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Design fliers, e-blasts and marketing materials for programs.
- Carry out pre-program planning and coordinating the following tasks: collect instructor contracts, gather payroll information, obtain equipment needs, obtain and duplicate handouts.
- Establish and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and confidential instructor records, curriculum, and course agendas.
- Coordinate program operations with other campus units, hotels and associations.
- Create and prepare program confirmation letters, directions, and attachments as required.
- Coordinate, track, and compile confidential reports.
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date mailing lists for promotional efforts.
- Prepare and coordinate arrangements for bulk mailings including providing accurate counts, preparing forms, ordering necessary supplies, and communicating with Mail Haus and Copy Center.
- Lead in the hiring, training, and supervising of student employees.
- Assist in marketing plans and carrying out assigned goals.
- Provide accurate and detailed enrollment reports, prepare handouts, coordinate site logistics, update and distribute program rosters, compile and tabulate evaluations, process certificates and record and verify rosters.
- Develop, recommend and/or review policies and procedures, and maintain update forms to improve efficiency.
- Serve as the primary customer service and phone support for program area.
- Communicate with instructors, participants and partnering organizations personnel.
- Answer questions, and problem solve.
- Respond to phone, web, email, in-person, faxed inquiries and questions.
- Associate's degree at time of application
- High level of computer proficiency with the ability to use specialized registration software, databases, spreadsheets and word processing, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- Experience working with adult learners
|Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time (100%) university staff appointment. The work hours for this position will be 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). A six-month probationary period is required for this position. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Hourly range of $15.42-$16.00. This position is not exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From "Job Search" screen,
- Click in "Keywords" box.
- Enter Job Opening ID "12826."
- Click "Search."
- Select "University Services Program Associate (Two Vacancies)."
- Click "Apply."
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "Submit Application." Selecting "Save as Draft " or "Exit" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2390
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.