|| February 2, 2017
|Essential Job Functions:
This position reports to the Dean of the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business (AECSB) and is primarily responsible for all matters related to budget and financial management, which includes functioning as the division's liaison for payroll, purchasing, controller/accounting functions, and invoices. This position will also be the primary point of contact and support for the Dean, providing administrative support, scheduling, and other office management functions. In addition, this position will assist with planning various events hosted by the college.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Screen and prioritize correspondence requiring action.
- Assist with scheduling, including calendar maintenance and meeting logistics.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Monitor established deadlines.
- Compose correspondence, and proofread reports.
- Order criminal background checks.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring processes.
- Assist with community relations and communications.
- Communicate, review, and recommend policies.
- Conduct research and make recommendations regarding strategic issues.
- Develop and maintain a departmental newsletter and shared department files.
- Assist with faculty sabbaticals, department chair appointments, and tenure.
- Coordinate meetings and take minutes.
- Prepare and manage AECSB operating budget and finances.
- Assist with the Small Business Development Center's budget and grant cycle closeout activities.
- Coordinate summer session budget allocations.
- Identify future revenue and expenses.
- Monitor and correct unexplained transactions, errors, and invalid balances in accounts.
- Process invoices, reconcile payments, and prepare charge-backs.
- Monitor professorships, grants, and awards.
- Prepare Personnel Action Requests, and serve as HR Liaison for the college.
- Respond to employee payroll questions.
- Handle new and rehired employee paperwork.
- Prepare forms to compensate non-university employees.
- Process inter-institutional overload forms when hiring other UW-System employees.
- Assist with coordinating event logistics, such as promotion, attendance, room setup, food needs, follow-up, etc.
- Associate's Degree at time of application
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Experience with online financial database programs and database software
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with payroll transactions
The successful candidate will have exceptional oral, written, interpersonal, organizational, time-management, computer, proofreading, and customer service skills, the ability to communicate with diverse constituents, and the willingness to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team. This position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects and priorities with attention to detail and exceptional accuracy, show excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information, and demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to ongoing change. Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness, and resourcefulness are essential for this position.
|Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time university staff appointment. The work hours for this position will be 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). A six-month probationary period is required for this position. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is not exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From "Job Search" screen,
- Click in "Keywords" box.
- Enter Job Opening ID "12825."
- Click "Search."
- Select "Dean Assistant ."
- Click "Apply."
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT." Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
You must select "Submit Application." Selecting "Save as Draft " or "Exit" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Phone: (920) 465-2390
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Friday, February 17, 2017.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.