||OPEN TO UW SYSTEM EMPLOYEES ONLY
Title: University Services Associate 2
||March 13, 2017
|Essential Job Functions:
||This position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Director of Gradute Studies. The primary function of this position is to provide a wide range of support services for the Office of Grants and Research, the Office of Graduate Studies, and to assist in general support of the administrative functions associated with the Provost's suite. Responsibilities will include technological related support, spreadsheet development, and specific projects as assigned by the Associate Vice Chancellor. The individual will be responsible for independently performing administrative functions critical to the success of each of the supported offices, as well the general Provost suite. The individual will be working in a time sensitive and fast paced environment.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Greet and direct guests, respond to general inquiries, answer and route telephone calls, oversee mail, etc.
- Assist with general office duties, coordinate general workflow of the main office, and assign and supervise student employees.
- Prepare, distribute, and collect Outside Activities reports for all unclassified employees.
- Manage the calendar of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Professional Development & Grants/Graduate Studies (AVC).
- Exercise independent judgement in identifying problems/concerns and determining when those issues need to be addressed by the AVC.
- Work on assigned projects.
- Update websites associated with each of the areas supported by the AVC.
- Provide personal delivery of confidential materials to various campus departments supported by the AVC.
- Copy, file, and distribute materials.
- Monitor budgets for the Office of Grants and Research (OGR), the Graduate Studies Office (GSO), and areas of Faculty Professional Development (e.g. Research Council, Instructional Development Council, CATL, etc), and other areas . Provide informational budget reports as requested.
- Provide support for travel expense reports, purchase orders, and chargebacks. Assume responsibility for AVC-related Purchase Cards.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and materials related to the assigned departments and areas of responsibility.
- Provide administrative support for the OGR.
- Assist the AVC and Director of OGR with the preparation of project and grant proposals.
- Assist with the review of grant proposals, program proposals, and related budgets, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Expedite and process proposals and grants submissions.
- Coordinate, with support from the OGR, recruitment and organization for all Posters in the Rotunda activities.
- Assist the Institutional Review Board (IRB) with applicant processes and data storage.
- Provide administrative support for the GSO.
- Provide support for coordination and promotion of thesis defenses, contribute to the review of thesis formatting, and oversee graduate student grants.
- Contribute to marketing materials and website and social media presence of the GSO and specific graduate programs in support of the Graduate Student Services Coordinator.
- Contribute to student recruitment and retention in support of the Graduate Student Services Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for Faculty Professional Development activities.
- Assist Director of OGR in coordinating Research Council's (RC) grant competitions and activities, which includes preparing and transmitting "calls for proposal;" preparing summaries of narratives and budgets related to proposals; and preparing appropriate letters of awards/non-awards. This may include preparing and distributing flyers and announcements, making room reservations, coordinating ordering and payment for refreshments, securing necessary media equipment and support, paying honorariums, etc.
- Assist Director of CATL in coordinating Instructional Development Council's (IDC) grant competitions and activities, which includes preparing and transmitting "calls for proposal;" preparing summaries of narratives and budgets related to proposals; and preparing appropriate letters of awards/non-awards. This may include preparing and distributing flyers and announcements, making room reservations, coordinating ordering and payment for refreshments, securing necessary media equipment and support, paying honorariums, etc.
- Assist AVC in Faculty Orientation events. This may include preparing and distributing flyers and announcements, making room reservations, coordinating ordering and payment for refreshments, securing necessary media equipment and support, paying honorariums, etc.
- Respond to faculty/staff questions regarding appropriate use of grant funds, monitor expiration dates of grants, and assist in informing faculty regarding expiring grants and unspent balances.
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database) and the Internet
- Bachelor's Degree at time of application
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
|Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time University Staff appointment. The work hours for this position will be 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). A six-month probationary period is required for this position. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is not exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. (Total Compensation Estimator).
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From "Job Search" screen,
- Click in "Keywords" box.
- Enter Job Opening ID "12933"
- Click "Search."
- Select "University Services Associate 2 ."
- Click "Apply."
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "Submit Application." Selecting "Save as Draft " or "Exit" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2390
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Thursday , March 23, 2017.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390).
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.