Table of Contents
Ms. Shelly Gabel, MS, RD, CD
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive, LS 455
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Phone: (920) 465-2269
Fax: (920) 465-2769
Office: LS 457
To be eligible and considered for admittance to the Dietetic Internship program the student must meet the following requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with verification of completion of a ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 and 3.0 for professional courses (4.0 bases); recommended science grades of a C or better.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English; a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or better (International students only).
- Demonstrated ability (as evidenced by the letters of recommendations and personal letter):
- to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as team leader
- to be a self-directed and independent learner, and
- to be flexible and enthusiastic.
- Work and/or volunteer experience related to health care, community and/or food service encouraged.
- GRE not required at present but strongly recommended for all applicants. Upload via DICAS as supplemental material.
- ISPP only: Must be a graduate from a University of Wisconsin Schools ACEND Accredited Program (UW, UW Stevens Point, UW Stout, and UW-Green Bay).
- 500 hours of work or volunteer experience in Nutrition (MNT, food service, or Communities) preferred.
Computer Matching Info and Deadline
Complete the computer matching instructions for D&D Digital Systems (515-292-0490) as described on the link. Deadline is Feb. 15,2013. Applicant match notification is April 7, 2013. Unmatched candidates will be considered for ISPP only after unmatched data is made available. ISSP decisions made by April 21, 2013. Candidates will be contacted by UWGB if they are accepted into the ISPP program.