Development Officer for Annual Giving
4/18/2017 12:00:00 AM
WORKING TITLE: Development Officer for Annual Giving
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Development Specialist
Essential Job Functions
This position reports to the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement and President of the UW-Green Bay Foundation. The Development Officer for Annual Giving plans and implements a comprehensive annual giving program in support of UW-Green Bay. The annual giving program solicits charitable contributions through personal visits, Phone-A-Thon calls, direct mail and email appeals, and promotion of online giving and crowdfunding initiatives.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement an annual strategic plan for the annual giving program including calendar of targeted gift soliciatations.
- Manage the Alumni Phone-A-Thon and continue to increase alumni giving amounts raised, number of donors, average gift amount, and the alumni participation rate in annual giving.
- Organize and run a UW-Green Bay Foundation Annual Fund Campaign in the Green Bay area, utilizing volunteers to personally solicit annual gifts in support of the University. Ensure new and corrected data from fundraising activities and projects is entered in The Raiser's Edge alumni and donor computer records system.
- Identify and research prospective donors who may have the capacity to make leadership annual gifts and/or gifts at higherlevels and should be visited in person.
- Collaborate with the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement to plan and implement an effective donor recognition program.
- Assist in the preparation, editing, and proofing of lists of donor names to be included in the UW-Green Bay Foundation Annual Report publication and the UW-Green Bay Foundation & University Advancement website.
- Support directors of development in donor cultivation.
- Serves as a resource and coordinator for developing cases for support for petential fundraising projects and programs.
- Work with Marketing and University Communications staff to create compelling documents, videos, visual aids, etc., in support of fundraising efforts.
- Attend development, alumni staff meetings, and donor events.
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- One year of experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field at time of application
- 3 years experience in marketing, sales, communications, business, or fundraising
- Experience with telephone fundraising
- Experience with computer records software
- Experience with management
- Experience working with Raiser's Edge
The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse student population, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.
Conditions of Appointment
Schedule flexability during Phone-A-Thon seasons.
Position is a full-time Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From "Job Search" screen,
- Click in "Keywords" box.
- Enter Job Opening ID "13041"
- Click "Search."
- Select "Development Officer for Annual Giving"
- Click "Apply."
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
You must select "Submit Application." Selecting "Save as Draft " or "Exit" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2074
Please submit application materials by Sunday, April 30, 2017.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our Office of Public Safety website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.