If you meet the eligibility requirements and have obtained an internship, follow these steps to register for credits.
- Make a paper copy of your internship job description. The job description should be on company letterhead and include the company name, address, phone, and the name of your immediate supervisor for the internship.
- Contact Brent Hussin to schedule an appointment to review the job description. If approved, he will complete an internship proposal form.
- You will need to have your supervisor sign the internship proposal form and then bring the completed form to the Registrar's office. If the internship credits put you in an overload situation, you will need to meet with your advisor to fill out a credit overload form. If your advisor approves, you will be able to add the internship credits.
Once you have submitted the internship proposal form to the Registrar's office, you should be all set. See the requirements link for more information on documentation and supervisor evaluation.
You must register for internship credits in the semester in which the work is being done. An exception to this policy will be made for summer internships, but you must register for the credits in the summer or fall semester only and provide the following information:
- A copy of the internship job description must be given to Brent Hussin in order to have the position approved before you begin the internship. This is to avoid any problems with students working a summer internship and finding out that the position doesn't qualify for credits until after they have completed the work.
- You must provide documentation from your internship supervisor showing the total number of hours that your worked during the internship.
- Your supervisor must complete an online evaluation form. More information on the evaluation process can be found by following the Requirements link.
- You will be required to submit an internship paper.