What is Inclusive Excellence?Inclusive Excellence is a planning process intended to help each UW System institution establish a comprehensive and well-coordinated set of systematic actions that focus specifically on fostering greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and accountability at every level of university life.
How Does Inclusive Excellence Work?
Inclusive Excellence offers an approach for organizing our work in a deliberate, intentional and coordinated manner. This approach:
- Employs a dual focus in diversity efforts, concentrating on both increasing compositional diversity, and creating learning environments in which students of all backgrounds can strive.
- Places the mission of diversity at the center of institutional life so that it becomes a core organizing principle, around which institutional decisions are made.
- Calls for a close attentiveness to the student experience itself.
- Achievement Gap
- Chancellor’s Strategic Planning Initiative
- "It Gets Better" - National Initiative
- The President's Advisory Committee on Disability Issues
- Universal Design - Accessible Campus
- UW System and UW Green Bay Equity Scorecard
- UW System International Education and Engagement
- UW System LGBTQ Initiative
- UW System Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- UW System Status of Women Initiative
- UW System STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
- Inclusive Excellence Status Report - August 2014
- Campus Diversity Plan 2008 Final Report
- Climate Assessment Project Presentation
- Equity in Educational Outcomes: Moving Beyond Access
- Inclusive Excellence FAQ
- Model Inclusive Excellence in UW System Education and Employment
- Toward a Model of Inclusive Excellence and Change in Postsecondary Institutions