All F-1 and J-1 students who will be traveling abroad during their program of study will need to have their I-20’s and DS-2019’s endorsed prior to leaving. It is very important to have your documents signed in a timely manner. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
How to get your I-20 or DS-2019 Endorsed
- Fill out the Travel Endorsement Application
- Turn your Travel Endorsement Application into the Office of International Education at least 2 weeks prior to your travel.
- The Office of International Education staff will contact you when your I-20 or DS-2019 form has been endorsed.
Tips for Travel
Hand Carry (do not check) the following documents:
- Evidence of exchange visitor status, such as tuition receipts, transcripts or letters of acceptance
- Paper receipt of the SEVIS fee
- Name and contact information of your designated school official or reporting officer (International Student Advisor)
- If on OPT, letter of current employment and EAD card.