Members of the academic communities at UW-Green Bay and St. Norbert College and interested community members are invited to submit applications to the Steering Committee to support visits by scholars or professionals from other countries.
- Visitors should be scheduled to be in Green Bay for a period of 2-4 weeks.
- Applicants who nominate scholars for potential visits will be considered the hosts for those scholars should the application be approved.
- A typical budget to support a visiting scholar is $2,500-$3,500.
- Applications should be submitted by April 1 for upcoming fall semester visits and by October 1 for upcoming spring semester visits.
- Applicants may be asked to meet with the Steering Committee to discuss a proposal.
- Within 1 month of the end of the scholar's visit, host is to submit a report to Steering Committee describing the activities that took place.
Applications must include:
- Visitor bio, complete with Curriculum Vita
- Host name(s), local address(es), and contact information
- Sponsoring department (if applicable)
- Approximate dates for scholar visit
- List of potential activities on both campuses, and in the community
- Budget estimate for visit (include airfare, housing, honorarium, living expenses, visa)
- Potential housing plans for the visitor
Members of the Steering Committee are happy to help hosts arrange the visiting scholars' activities on campuses and in the community.
Opportunities may arise requiring a shorter lead time than the dates listed above. These will be considered if financial resources are available and planning time needed to schedule flights, secure visa, and arrange activities is adequate.