Research Help Appointments
Do you need help with finding information for a research project? Library users are invited to schedule appointments for getting assistance with their range of information needs, from a basic introduction to the Cofrin Library to in-depth, advanced help with specific research topics. The service is intended primarily for UW Green Bay students, faculty and staff, but we are happy to meet with community members as time permits.
What You Can Expect:
- Sessions generally last 15 - 60 minutes depending on your needs.
- All sessions should be arranged through this form.
- Sessions can be held in the library's consulting room in CL305G or one of our group project rooms. If you are a faculty or staff member, and would like the session in your office, please let us know.
- We will try to accommodate your schedule within the weekday hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; appointments outside of these hours are limited, and are dependent upon staff availability.
- We cannot actually do your research for you, but we can advise you on choosing a database, picking search terms and developing a search strategy, help you determine whether the library owns the sources you have identified, and assist with related information needs.
- If you would rather not schedule an appointment, for immediate assistance you can always drop in at the 3rd Floor Reference Desk or contact us at extension 2303 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although we are happy to help you with any questions, if you need assistance with using campus software or other technical questions, the Computer Center Help staff are better able to assist you with these types of needs.
- Please allow at least one working day for us to respond.
Adapted with permission UW-LaCrosse, Reference Department