Important Fines Appeal Information
All appeals must be submitted within 21 calendar days from the fine notice date. To submit an appeal, fill out the Cofrin Library Fines Appeal Form through one of the options provided below. The Fines Appeal Committee will answer all appeals within 2 weeks of the date submitted. The decision made between the borrower and the library is final and binding.
Decisions are based on a clear and concise statement provided by the patron, in addition to the patron’s library record, previous appeals made by the patron, the total amount due on the account, and any other information that is relevant to the appeal. It is very important to be specific with details of the appeal.
All reasonable concerns related to library charges will be considered; however, the following are NOT considered reasons on which an appeal can be based:
- Lack of understanding of library circulation policies
- Due Date reminders and Fine notices are sent as a courtesy. Non receipt of a notice is not a valid reason for appeal
- Forgetting due dates (due dates are accessible via My Account )
- Disagreement with library fine/fee structure
- Inability to pay fines/fees
- Materials loaned to a third party
- Returned to wrong library
- Out of town, vacation, exams, academic breaks, etc…
If you wish to appeal a library fine, you can either:
- print the attached pdf format Library Fines Appeal form, fill it out by hand, make a copy for your files, and mail it to:
David A. Cofrin Library
UW Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
- fill out the form below and click on the "submit" button to send it electronically to the Circulation Department.
revised 22 August 2007