The D2L Classlist
The D2L classlist includes all students and instructors enrolled in the class. The classlist is organized in a table with three tabs, one each for All, Instructors, and Students. There are also a few tools (links) at the top of the table.
Add Participants tools, at the top of the page:
Instructors will probably never need to add a student to their D2L course. D2L course enrollment is done by the LTC. Enrollments are updated daily through the last day for students to add classes and irregularly after that. Under unusual situations, e.g., a student adds the class after the last official day for adding, the instructor should contact the LTC and we'll take care of it. Instructors may want to add a generic student to their class so they can look at the class through the eyes of a student. Instructors should contact the LTC for a generic student.
If you would like to add students on your own, here are the steps:
Add a Participant to a Course
- Login to D2L and enter the class you wish to add people to (click on the name of the class)
- Click the classlist link
- Click Add Participant link at upper left and select Add an existing user
- Next to search for, type either the first name or last name (or first few letters of either one)
- Click Search
- Check the box to the left of the person's name
- Change the role to Student (or whatever is desired)
- Click Enroll Selected Users
The email icon:
(Visible only to instructors, not to students.) One way to email a student is to click on the box to the left of the student's name, then click the email icon which launches the email tool with the D2L email address in place.
To View Student Progress:
To view a students progress, click on the drop-down arrow next to their name and select View Progress. The progress categories within the Progress tool are specific to the current D2L class.