What We Support
- Desire2Learn (D2L) course management system. Online grades, quizzes, content areas, dropbox, ePortfolio, and more. The D2L login page, which includes support documentation, computer requirements, and a link to the request a D2L course shell, is located at: https://www.uwgb.edu/ltc
- Clickers. We support faculty, staff, and students in all aspects of using clickers. FYI- our distribution/fee process requires that instructors commit to using clickers before students register for courses, usually at the latter part of the prior semester.
- Online surveys (Qualtrics). Used for polling, research, and online course evaluations.
- Audio/video digitization, file conversion, and web hosting/streaming. We also have pedagogical and technical suggestions regarding the use of rich media, podcasting, etc.
- Lecture capture in the classroom, at home or the office, or our lecture capture studio.
- Scanning and image editing. Slide and document scanning, OCR (optical character recognition), Adobe Creative Suite.
- More. . . This list is just a sampling, and it is always growing. We are always willing to discuss possibilities, explore new technologies, and solve problems.
ATS supports faculty and staff but we do not have the resources or the charge to do production. So, for example, we help instructors develop online courses but we do not do the work for them. Or, we show instructors how to scan slides but we do not scan large numbers of slides for the instructor. We do not have a drop-off service.
In some cases, instructors arrange for students to assist them with special projects such as scanning large numbers of slides. In those situations, we are happy to provide support for those students for those special projects.
Costs and charges
In general, there is no charge for instructional technology services at ATS. However, there are circumstances when we must limit our role and other times when we must charge back for some of our services. For more information see our charge back policy.
ATS support for students
ATS assists students with technical problems using D2L, for example, not able to log in. Students with technical problems should contact ATS at 465-2286 (M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, or voice mail 24/7) or email@example.com. Non-technical, course-related questions, for example, a student wants an extension on an assignment, should always be addressed to the instructor, as they would in any face-to-face course.
ATS is set up to support faculty and staff. Students looking for technical help in any area other than D2L should check with the student consultants in the General Access Computer Lab (also located in the Instructional Services building). These student consultants are trained to assist students needing technical help with standard computer applications.
See also the Frequently Asked Questions section.