iMovie '08 (Mac OS X)
Apple’s iMovie ‘08 is capable of quickly importing and editing video with minimal effort. iMovie ’08 drag and drop abilities and professional quality transitions and effects. It is available on all new Apple computers at no extra cost. Older machines can purchase the iLife ’08 software suite featuring iMovie ‘08 for $79.
- Built in iSight camera, web camera, or DV Camera
- Built in microphone or External microphone
- iMovie requires a Mac with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
- Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later.
- DVD drive required for installation.
- QuickTime 7.2 or later.
- Other configurations may be supported. AVCHD video and 24-bit recording have additional requirements. Visit iMovie ’08 Camcorder Support for more information on AVCHD.
- Extremely Fast editing
- Simple drag and drop effects
- Streamlined interface
- Easy Export options
- Records directly from connected/built in cameras
- Mac Only
- Limited advanced editing options
- Export Movie has limited options and large files sizes
- Exports Using QuickTime to MPEG 4