Master Plan > Physical Planning Elements
Secondary Planning Issues
Cofrin Memorial Arboretum
- Goal One: Incorporate the Cofrin Memorial Arboretum Management Plan into the Master Plan document.
- Goal Two: Preserve and enhance the Cofrin Memorial Arboretum as an educational and recreational jewel.
- Goal Three: Continue to market the Cofrin Memorial Arboretum’s positive impact on the lives of UW-Green Bay campus users and greater Green Bay community members.
- Goal One: Create a “gateway” for visitors to the heart of campus.
- Goal Two: Link Weidner Center and the Studio Arts building through a shared plaza to accentuate the actual connection and interplay between the programs.
- Goal Three: Explore additional visitor parking with direct access to resources such as the Cofrin Library.
- Goal One: Increase additional opportunities for interior and exterior pedestrian circulation on campus.
- Goal Two: Create campus “traditional” spaces such as quadrangles for both the academic and housing areas. These become the memorable places of a campus where former students return fondly after leaving college.
- Goal Three: Foster the creation of spaces, like the Winter Garden at MAC Hall, that become pockets of activity on campus.
- Goal Four: Maintain concourse connections when-ever, wherever possible within the overarching Master Plan Principles.
Site Specific Studies
- Goal One: Explore opportunities to enhance underutilized spaces on campus.
- Goal Two: Introduce the possibility of a small, private retail center to energize campus life and provide a close-to-home option for students, faculty, and staff to meet their basic shopping needs.