Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
Areas of Emphasis
Students with a disciplinary major in Mathematics must choose an area of emphasis of either mathematics or statistics.
Mathematics graduates use their skills in fields such as engineering and physics. Mathematical techniques are required in social, industrial, and management realms as well.
Students who concentrate studies in statistics may find careers in business, industry, and government, as well as pursue further professional training in graduate school.More about the program »
This student organization aims to provide a beneficial social outlet for students who are interested in mathematics and nerdery in general.
The club also provides informal tutoring, speakers on math-related topics, and networking on career and graduate-school opportunities and current issues in the field.Learn more »
Math 104 Tutoring
Math 104 drop-in tutoring is available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30-12:30PM in ES 323B.
News stories in Inside
- Faculty Note: Tetyana Malysheva is new Project NExT fellow
September 19, 2016
- Friends, family mourn passing of Sherri Urcavich
September 10, 2015
- Meet top NAS students benefitting from expanded scholarship program
February 4, 2015
- David Dolan obituary includes details on services, IAGLR scholarship
June 20, 2013
- UW-Green Bay community mourns passing of David Dolan
June 19, 2013