Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
Areas of Emphasis
Students with a disciplinary major in Mathematics must choose an area of emphasis of either mathematics or statistics.
Mathematics graduates use their skills in fields such as engineering and physics. Mathematical techniques are required in social, industrial, and management realms as well.
Students who concentrate studies in statistics may find careers in business, industry, and government, as well as pursue further professional training in graduate school.More about the program »
This student organization aims to provide a beneficial social outlet for students who are interested in mathematics and nerdery in general.
The club also provides informal tutoring, speakers on math-related topics, and networking on career and graduate-school opportunities and current issues in the field.Learn more »
News stories in Inside
- David Dolan obituary includes details on services, IAGLR scholarship
June 20, 2013
- UW-Green Bay community mourns passing of David Dolan
June 19, 2013
- UWGB undergrads demonstrate exceptional research
April 18, 2013
- Outreach’s ‘Math Boot Camp’ preps students for math competency
April 8, 2013
- Math professor Davis earns Cofrin Professorship
August 29, 2012