The Modern Languages Program at UW-Green Bay offers majors and minors in French, German and Spanish as well as degrees leading to teaching certification in these languages.
With an innovative and dynamic approach to the study of languages, the French, German and Spanish majors and minors include courses in language, literature, cinema, culture, second language pedagogy, translation, and business. Students can take advantage of a wide range of study abroad and internship opportunities.
The program offers excellent preparation for a number of professional careers in education, business, government, travel, tourism, and international organizations.
- The Modern Languages Resource Center offers multiple tools to support the study of languages.
- Weekly Conversation Tables and tutoring sessions are available for language students.
- The Language House, a space used by Modern Languages students and faculty for a number of curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Internships and opportunities for off-campus study and study abroad are available to obtain credits in each major and minor.
News stories in Inside
- Faculty notes: Coury and Ortiz Ceberio publications
March 24, 2016
- Tonight: Culture of Fusion program features ‘The Latin Tinge’
March 23, 2016
- Faculty note: Ortiz presents at International Conference on Hispanic Literatures
March 23, 2016
- Humanistic Studies honors top students
May 15, 2015
- Modern Languages program acknowledges top students
May 2, 2014