Sponsored by the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in partnership with The Music Education InstituteApply Now »
Why Should I Attend?
Many education professionals have attended professional development workshops and conference sessions with little content applicable to what they do or want to do in their own programs. When PK-12 music educators were asked what they thought was important, nearly all teachers expressed a keen interest in new strategies for assessing student learning and ways of integrating appropriate music technology to support instruction.
During the 2-week summer institute, participants learn new ideas and skills to design a new music unit or re-design an existing instructional unit. This unit is then taught during the fall semester, and teachers receive feedback from one of the institute faculty.
Graduate credit through UW-Green Bay is available. The University covers all tuition costs for 5 graduate credits, books, lunch each day, and ground travel mileage. Lodging is reimbursed if travel to campus is more than one hour each way.
Applications to the UW-Green Bay Music Education Institute can be completed on this website. If you have any questions, please contact:
- Dr. Mark T. Kiehn, Director, UW-Green Bay Music Education Institutes
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- 2420 Nicolet Drive, CL 710, Green Bay, WI 54311
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
News stories in Inside
- Newspapers spotlight Meredith Livingston’s Brazil residency on Mon, 31 Aug 2015
- A nice gig for Gypsy Trip on Mon, 31 Aug 2015
- More ‘Phactoids’: Dick Lien, Music and Arts, Chili Cookoff, Prof. Moran on Thu, 13 Aug 2015
- Faculty note: McQuade Dewhirst residency at Osage on Thu, 16 Jul 2015
- Dr. Coussons gives the gift of music on Wed, 08 Jul 2015