Admissions & Scholarships
Be prepared to perform two contrasting works or movements. (10 minutes total) It is recommended that instrumentalists prepare and memorize all major scales. Memorization of solos is not required, but is preferred for piano and voice. Percussionists may perform on up to three instruments. There will be a short sight-reading test, a brief ear training test, and a theory test. A typical audition piece consists of a WSMA class A solo or other comparable work. For voice students performance in more than one language is desirable.
Scholarships for students may be awarded to incoming music majors. A minimum GPA of 3.0 and an ACT score of at least 20 is required to be eligible for a music scholarship. You must be admitted to UW-GB before you can be accepted as a music major.
Arrange an audition, or contact the proper UW-Green Bay Music Faculty.
- Friday, February 24, 2017
- Friday, March 24, 2017
- Or schedule an individual Faculty lesson/audition. (recommended)
Scholarship auditions normally occur in the Weidner Center's beautiful Fort Howard Hall. Follow this map.
To Apply For Music Major or Minor Admission and Music Scholarships
- Complete a University of Wisconsin - Green Bay Music Admission and Scholarship Application
- Have a copy of your high school transcript sent to us.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a music teacher familiar with you musical ability and leadership potential. Emails are acceptable for this purpose. Additional letters of reference are acceptable. (For students auditioning on band instruments, one letter should be with your present school band director. For voice students, one letter should be from your present school choral director.)
- Send all materials at least two weeks prior to the audition to:
Professor Eric Hansen
Music Admission and Scholarship Coordinator
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive, Theatre Hall 331
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Phone: (920) 465-2148
Email : email@example.com
Please feel free to contact the Coordinator with inquiries and concerns regarding the audition process.
Applicants will be notified of audition results within two weeks of the audition date.
Continuing Music Major Scholarships
For continuing Music students, please complete and submit the Continuing Music Major Scholarship Form.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Please visit the UW-Green Bay Financial Aid website for more information.
Plan Ahead Financially
See the current estimated cost of attending UW-Green Bay.