Music from every angle at 6:30
UW-Green Bay Music announces an innovative concert series designed to help you connect with music in more meaningful ways. Performances will feature scintillating and provocative discussions by a composer, performer or arranger. Together, you will consider a single aspect of the music through multiple perspectives. Diverse styles will be performed to broaden your horizons and deepen your understanding.
- are held on Thursdays
- begin at 6:30 p.m
- take place in Fort Howard Hall Weidner Center
- have free admission (donations are appreciated)
Concert Schedule: Fall 2013 / Spring 2014
- September 26 - Apple Train: 7 Czech Songs for Soprano & Dancer (2009)
by Sylvie Bodorová with English supertitles, words by Jan Skácel Sylvie Laurie Lashbrook, soprano; Timothy Cheek, piano; Bohuslava Jelinková, dancer/triangle
- October 17 - From Venice to Weimar
Pianist and harpsichordist Dr. Abigail Mace explores the brilliant toccatas of Bach.
- November 21 - Viola & percussion Duo, Hall & Burgess
Guest artists offer insight and a virtuosic performance of contemporary music for this unique instrumentation.
- January 30 - Jazz Legend Kenny Werner
Werner will present Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within
- February 27 - Hot and Sweet Dance Orchestras Around the World
Profs. Gaines and Ganyard introduce the audience to this American jazz tradition and its worldwide influence.
- March 27 - The Orchid Ensemble
Members will discuss the development of their innovative musical genre based on the cultural exchange between Western and Asian musicians.
- April 3 - WADOMA: West African Dance of Madison
This event will provide audiences with an exciting and informative introduction to African culture through music and dance.
- May 1 - Rose and the Nightingale: The Spirit of the Garden
Enjoy music that is lyrical, energetic and inspiring and features three-part vocal harmonies, violin, cello, piano, trumpet and percussion