Master's Theses (1990 - 1999)
NAS Faculty Advisors:
- Gregory Davis
- Jack Day*
- Hallet Harris*
- Robert Howe
- David Jowett*
- John Lyon
- Thomas McIntosh
- Michael Morgan*
- V.M.G. Nair
- Jeff Nekola**
- Jack Norman*
- Charles Rhyner*
- Paul Sager*
- Leander Schwartz*
- Ronald Stieglitz*
- Patricia Terry
- Robert Wenger*
- James Weirsma*
Gregory J. Davis, Advisor
- Design and Implementation of a Decision Support System for the Nicolet National Forest Bird Survey Data. Dobiesz, Norine. MSE, May 1998.
- A Spreadsheet Model for Determining the Feasibility of Incorporating Backyard Composting, Grasscycling, and Household Garbage Disposals in Waste Management Systems: A Green Bay, Wisconsin Case Study. Rohr, Dennis. MSE, December 1998.
H. Jack Day, Advisor
- Urban Stormwater Management: A Review with Application to the Ashwaubenon Creek Watershed in Brown County-Wisconsin.Hwang, Se Jin. MSE, December 1996.
- Stormwater Management in the Ashwaubenon Creek Watershed, Brown County, Wisconsin. Peiris, Telge S. Daya. MSE, August 1993.
Hallett Harris, Advisor
- Evaluation of the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) to Estimate Soil Loss in the Fox River Basin, Northeastern Wisconsin. Baumgart, Paul. MSE, December 1998.
- Trends in Wetland Loss 1991 to 1996: A Case Study of the West Shore of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Michalek, Brentt. MSE, May 1998.
- The Nesting Success and PCB Purdens of Yellow-Headed Blackbirds Found in Diked Marshes Along Green Bay, Lake Michigan. Rattray, Kiersten. MSE, December 1998.
- Factors Affecting the Nearshore Light Environment and Submersed Aquatic Vegetation in Lower Green Bay. Robinson, Patrick. MSE, May 1996.
- Determination of Total Mercury Using Microwave Digestion on Emergent Insects Collected from Two Coastal Marshes of Green Bay, Lake Michigan. Wenzel, Andrew. MSE, December 1996.
- An Evaluation of Restored Wetlands in Northeastern Wisconsin. Yencha, Andrew. MSE, December 1993.
- Factors Influencing the Distribution of Submerged Macrophytes in Green Bay, Lake Michigan: A Focus on Light Attenuation and Vallisneria americana. McAllister, Lynne. MSE, December 1990.
Robert Howe, Advisor
- The Potential Effects of Wind Power Facilities on Resident and Migratory Birds in Eastern Wisconsin. Atwater, Ryan. MSE, December 1999.
- Breeding Birds in Riparian Forests on County and Federal Lands in Northeast Wisconsin. Havel, James. MSE, May 1999.
- Waterfowl Use of Lower Green Bay Before (1977-78) and After (1994-97) Zebra Mussel Invasion. Harris, Victoria. MSE, December 1998.
- Landscape Features and Disturbances Affecting Bobolink (Dolichonyx orzivorus) Distributions near Rush Lake, Wisconsin. White, Lynn. MSE, May 1997.
- The Effects of Lake Michigan on the Distribution of Breeding Birds in East-Central Wisconsin. Broetzmann, James. MSE, May 1996.
- A Spatial and Habitat Analysis of Breeding Bird Populations in the Nicolet National Forest. Davis, Jennifer. MSE, May 1996.
- Avian Communities and Their Response to Forest Edge in the Bad River Corridor, Wisconsin. Elias, Joan. MSE, May 1996.
- A Comparison of the Point Count and Nest Search Census Methods for Breeding Birds in Mature Midwestern Forests. Goltz, Dan. MSE, August 1996.
- A Study of the Effects of Transmission Towers on Migrating Birds. Kruse, Kimberly. MSE, May 1996.
- Avian Utilization of Small Isolated Wetlands as Stopover and Breeding Habitats in Wisconsin. Petzke, Steven. MSE, May 1996.
- The Effects of Habitat on the Productivity of the Ovenbird (Seirus Aurocappillus) and Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus P.) in the Nicolet National Forest. Zovnic, Andrew. MSE, May 1995.
- Ecology and Conservation of the Northern Blue Butterfly (Lycaeides idas nabokovi) and its Larvalhost Plant (Vaccinium caespitosum) in Northern Wisconsin. Wolf, Amy. MSE, August 1993.
- Effects of Logging Roads on Forest Birds in the Nicolet National Forest. Schneider, Todd. MSE, May 1992.
David Jowett, Advisor
- Customer Feedback, Measurement and Standards Effect Upon Integration of Quality Principles. Jansen, Daniel. MSA, December 1997.
- Meta-Analysis of Epidemiological Associations Between Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) and Childhood Leukemia. Wozniak, Paul. MSE, August 1994.
- Evaluation of Questionnaire Design and Analysis: A Case Study of Disposable Diapers. Hetzler, Connie. MSE, May 1993.
- A Multivariate Analysis of Bird Frequencies. Huss, Douglas. MSE, August 1992.
- Incorporating Statistics and Environmental Data in Teaching High School Mathematics. Lucas, Raymond. MSE, May 1991.
John Lyon, Advisor
- Evaluation of a Commercial Microorganism Inoculum for the Bioremediation of 20W Motor Oil Contaminated Soil. Ma, Xin. MSE, August 1999.
Thomas McIntosh, Advisor
- Application of a Computer Process Model to Assess Land Management Impacts on Water Quality - East River Watershed in Northeastern Wisconsin. Qui, Huaying. MSE, December 1993.
- Alternative Agricultural Management Options for Control of Nonpoint Source Pollution: A Case Study in the Bower Creek Watershed, Brown County, Wisconsin. Sugiharto, Toto. MSE, August 1992.
- Clay Mineralogy of Suspended Sediments from the East River, Wisconsin, Watershed. Nelson, Robert. MSE, May 1990.
Michael Morgan, Advisor
- Genetic Diversity in a Clonal Narrow Endemic, Iris lacustris, in Wisconsin. Simonich, Michael. MSE, August 1992.
V.M.G. Nair, Advisor
- Pathogenisis of Butternut Canker. Gabka, Larry. MSE, August 1996.
Jeff Nekola, Advisor
- Modeling the Dispersal of Dreissena Polymorph (Zebra Mussel) into the Inland Lakes of the Western Great Lakes Region Using a Gravity Model. Bossenbroek, Jonathan. MSE, May 1999.
Jack C. Norman, Advisor
- The Effect of Ultrasonic Exposure on the Quality of Pulp From Recycled Wastepaper.Levandoski, Robert. MSE, May 1998.
Charles R. Rhyner, Advisor
- Factors Which Increase Participation at Permanent Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities. Bauer, Lisa. MSE, August 1996.
- Open Burning in Rural Northeastern Wisconsin: An Analysis of Potential Air Pollution.Pieper, Cindy. MSE, May 1996.
- Progress of States Toward Their Waste Reduction/Recycling Targets. Wagoner, Edith. MSE, May 1995.
Paul Sager, Advisor
- Macroinvertebrate Community Biotic Integrity and Habitat Suitability of the Lower McCaslin Brook, Oconto County, Wisconsin. Wiater, John. MSE, May 1999.
- The Littoral Zooplankton Community Along the Trophic Gradient in Green Bay, Lake Michigan. Miller, Kay. MSE, December 1998.
- An Analysis of the Morphology, Hydrology and Aquatic Biota of the Tainter Creek Watershed in Southwestern Wisconsin. Rudey, Richard. MSE, May 1998.
- The Macroinvertebrate Community of the Littoral Zone: A Study of Four Coastal Wetlands in Green Bay, Lake Michigan. Schneider, Patricia. MSE, August 1998.
- The Effects of PCB-Contaminated Environments on the Leopard Frog Rana pipiens.Kersten, Susan. MSE, December 1997.
- Macroinvertebrate and Macrophyte Communities of Wetlands Restored in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. Robaidek, Charmaine. MSE, December 1997.
- Analysis of Aquatic Insect Communities in the Nicolet National Forest, Wisconsin.Gumbiner, Heather. MSE, August 1995.
- Aquatic Macrophyte Communities of Three "Wilderness" Lakes in Northern Wisconsin: A Focus on the Distributional Effects of Light Attenuation. Kampa, Eric. MSE, December 1994.
- The Distribution of Aquatic Insects in Relation to pH in Small Ephemeral Ponds of the Nicolet National Forest in Northern Wisconsin. Shaw, Timothy. MSE, December 1994.
- A Comparison of the Phytoplankton and Related Variables on Opposite Sides of a Circulation Boundary. Rhew, Kyeongsik. MSE, December 1992.
Leander Schwartz, Advisor
- Effect of Surfactants on the Bioremediation of Diesel Fuel in Soil. Urban, Brittany Carnley. MSE, December 1995.
- Biodegradation of Petroleum Hydrocarbon Residues in Soil. Berger, Michael. MSE, May 1994.
- Investigation and Reduction of Total Viable Microbiological Levels in Ricotta Cheese Utilizing the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) System. Roesken, Rudolf. MSE, May 1991.
- Fate and Effect of Methylene Chloride in Methane Fermentation Systems. Dong, Joseph Ping. MSE, May 1990.
Ronald Stieglitz, Advisor
- The Sorption of Atrazine Cyanazine and Metolachlor on Dynamic Peat and Shungit Columns. Tetschlag, Kristin. MSE, May 1999.
- Retention of Phosphorus and Suspended Solids in Detention Basins (Created Wetlands) in Northeast Wisconsin. Colson, Aaron. MSE, May 1998.
- Surface and Subsurface Water Quality on the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Campus and Its Use in Undergraduate Education. Rimal, Naresh. MSE, December 1998.
- The Sorption and Desorption of Atrazine on Siliciclastic Sedimentary Rocks. Schubert, Eugene. MSE, December 1998.
- Groundwater Chemistry of Wells Exhibiting Natural Arsenic Contamination in East-Central Wisconsin. Pelczar, Jennifer. MSE, August 1996.
- Field Verification of Fracture Traces in the Shallow Fractured Dolostone Aquifer, Door Peninsula, Wisconsin. Dueppen, Thomas. MSE, May 1995.
- Examination of Cambrian, Ordovician, and Quaternary Deposits at Butte des Morts, Wisconsin. Pittner, Peter. MSE, December 1995.
- Groundwater Contamination Susceptibility Based on Fracture Pattern Relationships Within the Silurian Dolomite. Alles, Andrew. MSE, December 1994.
- Physical and Hydrogeologic Characteristics of an Agricultural Area of Door County, Wisconsin. Sturm, Thomas. MSE, May 1994.
- A Geographic Information System and Drastic for Evaluating Groundwater Pollution Potential in the East River Watershed, Northeastern Wisconsin. Fries, David. MSE, August 1991.
- Characteristics of Geology, Dwellings, and Households: Their Impact on Radon in Door County, Wisconsin Homes. Hawk, Kenneth. MSE, May 1991.
- Groundwater Contamination Susceptibility in Glenmore Township, Brown County, Wisconsin. Carlson, James. MSE, May 1990.
- Groundwater Quality Monitoring at Two Barnyard Sites in a Karstic Area: Door County, Wisconsin. Saunders, Catherine. MSE, August 1990.
Patricia Terry, Advisor
- A Study of Cadmium Removal By an Existing Community of Freshwater Algae and Post-Exposure Cell Viability. Stone, Wendy. MSE, December 1999.
Robert Wenger, Advisor
- An Optimization Model for Cost-Effective Management of Nonpoint Source Pollution: Application to the Ashwaubenon Creek Watershed. Jacobs, Kurt. MSE, August 1996.
- A Graph Theoretic Analysis of the Structure of Stressors in the Green Bay Ecosystem.Sivanpillai, Ramesh. MSE, August 1995.
- Relocation of Fire Stations: A Lagragian Relaxation Approach. Diaz-Escamilla, Rafael. MSE, May 1994.
James Wiersma, Advisor
- The Remediate of Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon Containing Soils by Hydrogen Peroxide. Puzen, Shawn. MSE, December 1998.
- Treatment Effectiveness of Ten Wisconsin Mound Systems. Davis, Brian. MSE, August 1997.
- Evaluation of Natural Attenuation of BTEX Contaminated Ground Water at Two Petroleum Release Sites. Gallagher, Kristine. MSE, May 1997.
- Liquid Manure Application to Rotationally Grazed Land: Implications of Water Quality Runoff. Sentowski, Anne. MSE, December 1997.
- Intensive Rotational Grazing: Impact on Water Quality and Land Use. Carbon, Carie. MSE, August 1996.
- Evaluation of Shallow Soil Absorption Fields Receiving Recirculated Sand Filter Wastewater. Schoeder, Ruth. MSE, December 1996.
- Comparison of Ethanolamine and Morpholine for Corrosion Control in Nuclear Power Plant Steam Systems. Weyenberg, Dean. MSE, May 1996.
- Evaluation of Five Advanced On-Site Wastewater Disposal Systems. Williams, James. MSE, May 1995.
- Arsenic in Drinking Water Supply Wells in Outagamie and Winnebago Counties, Wisconsin: Study of Possible Health Effects. Haupert, Terry. MSE, May 1994.
- The Sorption of Atrazine on Peat. Schmit, Jacqueline. MSE, December 1994.
- GS/MS Analysis of Nitrite. He, Lijian. MSE, August 1992.
- An Assessment of Atrazine Contamination in the Groundwater of a Karst Environment. Nell, William. MSE, December 1992.
- Trace Element Analysis of Door County Dolomite. Check, James. MSE, August 1990.