Students must meet the following requirements to be admitted to the UW-Green Bay Nursing Major for BSN completion.
RN to BSN Program
- Graduation from an Associate Degree in Nursing program or from a three-year diploma program in Nursing
- Grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) on post-secondary coursework
- Current, unencumbered RN license in any state
- Consultation with Nursing Advisor is highly recommended
NURSE 1-2-1 Program
Students looking to complete a 4 year BSN program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- High School Diploma
- High School GPA of 3.0 or higher
- ACT minimum scores: English – 17; Math – 18; Composite – 20
- Admitted to UW-Green Bay as a Freshman
- Less than 16 earned college credits
NURSE 1-2-1 Preferred Eligibility Criteria
- High School science courses such as Biology, Chemistry or Anatomy & Physiology (minimum of two)
- High School math courses including Algebra, Geometry and Advanced Algebra to demonstrate preparedness for college math
- Completion of a Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) approved Nursing Assistant course
(Required prior to Year 2)
- Related volunteer or healthcare work experiences
- Ability to speak a language other than English
Students must meet the following requirements to be admitted to the MSN Leadership and Management in Health Systems:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a professional nursing organization (e.g., National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission [NLNAC] or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education [CCNE])
- A 3.0 grade point average (measured on a 4.0 scale) or higher on Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree transcript
- Evidence of receiving a grade of “C” or better in a college level inferential statistics course within the past 5 years. An inferential statistics course is available online from UW-Green Bay for potential applicants
- No entrance exams required (e.g. GRE, MAT)
- See the MSN Application Checklist
Readmission after "Stopping-Out"
After matriculation (enrolling in the first course) at UW-Green Bay, students who "stop out" by not enrolling in a course through UW-Green Bay during any fall or spring semester need to reapply for admission. Reapplication for admission is conducted through the on-line application system. Students can either retrieve their original application or fill out a new application. Students who have matriculated at UW-Green Bay do not have to re-pay the application fee.
For students who delay matriculation (enrollment in the first course), the application fee is good for one year. If more than one year has elapsed since the semester for which the student was admitted, students have to reapply for admission through the on-line application system and re-pay the application fee.