- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a professional nursing organization (e.g. National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission [NLNAC] or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education [CCNE])
- A 3.0 grade point average (measured on a 4.0 scale) or higher on Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree transcript
- Evidence of receiving a grade of a C or better in a college level inferential statistics course within the past 5 years. An inferential statistics course is available online from UW-Green Bay for potential applicants.
- No entrance exams required (e.g. GRE, MAT)
Required Application Materials
Submit the following to the UW-Green Bay Graduate Office:
- A completed application form and the application fee. (Graduate application deadlines)
- A 200-300 written statement describing academic interest in leadership & management, nursing strengths and capabilities, knowledge of online technology (computer use, online course work, etc.), reasons for pursuing a MSN degree, and description of where you see yourself in five years.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each previous college or university attended, sent directly to UW-Green Bay from these institutions.
NOTE: For those who have graduated from UW-Green Bay within the last five years, no new official transcripts are needed.
An additional requirement for your application is the Letters of Evaluation. The MSN Program requires three letters of evaluation from persons who can assess your academic potential. Applicants must fill out the first two sections of the form, save, and send to each evaluator. Each evaluator must fill out the remaining sections and send directly to the Office of Graduate Studies email, email@example.com, or mail to:
Office of Graduate Studies
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311
Please note that Letters of Evaluation will not be accepted from the applicant. The forms must be sent to us directly from the evaluator.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of current, unencumbered U.S. RN license
- A professional photo of yourself or one of you at your job will be required upon admission to the MSN program. UWGB will use the photo for education and marketing purposes.
- A background check and Basic Healthcare Provider CPR certification will be required upon admission to the MSN program.
- Evidence of English Proficiency (such as a TOEFL score)
- Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or a similar evaluation service.
- Evidence of financial resources
- Financial Support Statement
- More information on these requirements can be found on the Graduate Studies website.