Credit for Prior Learning
- Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- Challenge Exams
- CLEP Exams
- DSST Exams
- Excelsior College Exams
- International Bacc Exams
- Military Training & Experience
- Retroactive Credit
Credit for Prior Learning provides an opportunity for all UWGB students to receive credit for college level knowledge and skills acquired outside of the classroom.
We invite you to explore CPL options! Be aware, however, that the following general principles apply to all CPL:
- Credit can only be awarded for learning, not merely for “experience”. You must demonstrate what you learned, not what you “did”.
- All credit awarded through CPL options must equate to a specific UWGB course or courses. Credit is not awarded as general elective credit.
- Credit cannot be awarded for a course that already appears on a student’s transcript.
- Credit awarded through CPL does not count as credits in residence for the purposes of honors or degree program requirements.
- The only exception to UW-Green Bay’s policy for prior learning, in all of its forms, is the College Credit in High School Program (CCHS) for which all students are eligible to be awarded retroactive credit for successful completion of FRENCH 202, GERMAN 202, or SPANISH 202.
Please see the MediaSite presentation which briefly goes over the options for Credit for Prior Learning here at UW-Green Bay: http://mediasite.uwgb.edu/Mediasite6/Play/2d5ea226ce5d433b9cd98d873af30bce1d
Last updated: November 7, 2012