How do I register for a CLEP Exam?
1. There are two ways to register for a CLEP exam.
a. Online Registration - Make sure you have read all the CLEP information on this site first and have chosen a test date from the Examination Schedule. Then, click here for the UW-Green Bay CLEP Online Registration Form. Full registration is a two-step process, beginning with reserving a test date by completing and submiting the information in the prior link, then register online with CLEP at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. NOTE: As you complete your CLEP registration, be very sure to fill in the identifying information completely AND accurately. The name on your CLEP registration ticket MUST MATCH exactly the name on your ONE form of identification. If the names do not match, you will not be allowed to test.
b. or Call 920-465-2221 if you do not have computer access.
2. Ideally we'd like you to set up an appointment at least two weeks before the test date.
3. For each examination you wish to take, the total cost is $105.00, as follows.
a. $85.00 ($87 as of 7-01-18) payable to CLEP via the My Account Registration Portal. (You can create and manage your personal account through the My Account registration portal. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select your score recipient institution, and purchase study materials. Register today.)
b. $20.00 per test payable to UW-Green Bay by check, exact cash, or money order (not by credit card) at the time that you test.
4. All candidates (with the exception of certain test takers with disabilities) must register and pay their exam fee via My Account at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount PRIOR to the date of their scheduled exam. Each exam that a candidate takes requires individual registration. Once a candidate registers and pays the exam fee via My Account, he or she will be able to review/print the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. In addition, the candidate will also receive an automated email confirming the registration and notifying him/her to print the registration ticket (REQUIRED to bring with you when you take the test), along with other pre/post test day reminders. A CLEP registration is valid for six months; the expiration date will be printed on the ticket.
- If you are taking an exam with an optional essay, there is an additional $10 fee payable to UW Green Bay on the day of the exam. The exams that have optional essays are: American Literature, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, and English Literature.
5. The CLEP test center code for UW-Green Bay is 1859.
6. You will receive a confirmation letter within a few days of submitting your request.
7. If an individual misses 2 appointments, they will need to pay a non-refundable fee of $10.00 prior to rescheduling.