UW-Green Bay Fact Sheet, FALL 1999
Total Enrollment* = 5,436 Students and 4,359 FTE
(from 71 of 72 counties)
(including international students)
(from 23 states)
(from 32 countries)
|Percent 26 and Older||21%||83%||23%|
Enrollment by Major or Pre-major -- first and second majors included
|688||Business (BUA, PBA)||185||Accounting (ACTG, PMA)|
|95||Communication and the Arts||121||Art|
|549||Education (EED, PEL, PSE)||44||Chemistry|
|38||Environmental Policy & Planning||155||Computer Science|
|152||Environmental Sciences||21||Earth Science|
|269||Human Biology (HUB, NSC)||32||Economics|
|123||Nursing (NUR, NURC, PBN)||55||Math|
|58||Social Change & Development||19||Philosophy|
|100||Social Work (SWK, PSW)||1||Physics|
|35||Urban & Regional Studies||62||Political Science|
|244||Psychology (PSY, PPSY)|
|38||Environmental Science & Policy|
|23||Applied Leadership in Teaching & Learning|
UW-Green Bay History: The school was established by legislature in 1965 and opened for classes in 1968. Since then UW-Green Bay has built 17 major buildings on the 700-acre campus.
Cost information for 1999-2000 school year:
- Tuition and Fees for full-time students
- Undergraduate Wisconsin Resident (12 - 18 credits per term) $3,150
- Undergraduate Nonresident (12 - 18 credits per term) $10,014
- Graduate Wisconsin Resident (9 or more credits per term) $4,066
- Graduate Nonresident (9 or more credits per term) $12,424
- Campus Apartments Rate is $2,045 for one-fourth of a furnished, two-bedroom apartment with bathroom, kitchen and living room, for nine months. Doubles, singles and private-room apartments at higher rates are also available.
- Residence Halls Rate is $1,920 to $2,045 per student for a nine-month contract for a room shared with one other person. Dormitory residents must purchase the food plan.
- Food Plan $1,000 minimum required of students who live in residence halls.
New Undergraduates-Fall 1999
|New Freshmen||New Transfers|
|Percent in top quarter||50%|
|Percent in 2nd quarter||44%|
|Percent in 3rd quarter||6%|
|Percent in bottom quarter||0.1%|
|Percent of New Full-time
Fall Freshmen Who...
|Enrolled the 2nd Fall||68%||71%|
|Enrolled the 3rd Fall||53%||69%|
|Enrolled the 4th Fall||49%||51%|
|Graduated in 5 Years||37%||35%|
|Graduated in 6 Years||47%||42%|
|Graduated in 7 Years||46%||42%|
Average Section Sizes (group instruction): 33 students
Ratio of FTE students to FTE Faculty: 22 to 1
Notes: *EDP enrollments of 241 students and 106 FTE are fully integrated into the Fact Sheet. Enrollments in CAPP, Credit Outreach, Study Abroad, Remedial programs and Extension are excluded. Due to rounding, some percents and FTE values may not add up to 100.