Spanish for Professionals - Fall 2015
You Will Receive:
- Personal attention from experienced Spanish instructors.
- Guided study with easy access to instructors.
- Highly interactive online text with listening and recording functionality.
- A pace that suits your schedule, anytime, anywhere!
- Optional face to face language practice, if desired.
- Non-credit, Undergraduate and Graduate credit offered.
- Work toward a Spanish Language Proficiency Certificate!
Face to face conversation tables on the UW-Green Bay campus or Video/Audio chat are available on the following dates and times:
- September 26 - Face to Face OR Video/audio chat for the first class meeting and orientation
- Face to face meetings OR Video/audio chat: October 3, October 17, October 31, November 14, December 5
- Saturdays, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- UW-Green Bay Campus – Mary Ann Cofrin Hall Rooms 221 & 225
- Video/Audio Chat office hours: same dates as above from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. CST
Intensive Learning Experience to Accommodate Your Professional Schedule!
Spanish for Professionals (SIP) is designed to meet the changing needs of professionals who are in contact with Spanish-speaking customers. With front-line professionals in mind, including customer service representatives, call center employees, hospitality workers, bankers, social workers, teachers and health care workers, this program offers state of the art online resources and use of technology facilitated by our experienced (and popular) Spanish language instructors. For students wanting more, an optional face to face practice time will be available if you wish to develop additional Spanish language skills. If you are looking for flexibility and guaranteed academic rigor, this program is for you!
Thirty hours of instruction will be overseen by UW-Green Bay Faculty member, Cristina Ortiz and classroom teachers Amelia Canilho and Karla Weibel. This class is offered for non-credit, with 2 undergraduate credits and 2 graduate credits.
Every level will be accommodated! Whether you are a beginner, you took a few years of Spanish in high school or college, or you just need to brush up on your skills, this program offers flexibility and convenience. If you are new to the program, we will enroll you to take a pretest prior to the start date of the class. The instructors will work with you to determine the best class for you.
Distance Education (Internet) Course Fees
a. Segregated fees do not apply to Internet classes.
b. The tuition for an Internet course as stated are for Wisconsin residents. Please call for tuition rates for out of state students.
c. A student will be charged tuition for Internet courses regardless of any other tuition charge they incur for a semester.
- Registration Questions: Call Andrea at 920-465-2775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.