Spanish for Professionals - Spring Semester 2015
Flexible scheduling and high quality instructor/student interaction.
This Course is 100% Online! You Will Receive:
- Personal attention from experienced Spanish instructors.
- Guided study with easy access to instructors.
- Highly interactive online text with listening and recording functionality.
- A pace that suits your schedule, anytime, anywhere!
- Optional face to face language practice, if desired.
- Non-credit, Undergraduate and Graduate credit offered.
- Work toward a Spanish Language Proficiency Certificate!
Face to face conversation tables on the UW-Green Bay campus or Video/Audio chat are available on the following dates and times:
- February 7th - Face to Face OR Video/audio chat for the first class meeting and orientation
- Face to face conversation tables on the UWGB campus OR Vido/audio chat sessions: February 21st, March 7th, March 21st, and April 18th.
- Saturdays, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- UW-Green Bay Campus – MaryAnn Cofrin Hall Rooms 223 & 225
If you are representing an organization or company ( i.e. hospital, clinic, call center, county office etc. in the Green Bay area) and would like customized on-site language practice at your place of business, please contact us for more information. email@example.com or 920-465-2267.
Intensive Learning Experience to Accommodate Your Professional Schedule!
Spanish for Professionals (SIP) is designed to meet the changing needs of professionals who are in contact with Spanish-speaking customers. With front-line professionals in mind, including customer service representatives, call center employees, hospitality workers, bankers, social workers, teachers and health care workers, this program offers state of the art online resources and use of technology facilitated by our experienced (and popular) Spanish language instructors. For students wanting more, an optional face to face practice time will be available if you wish to develop additional Spanish language skills. If you are looking for flexibility and guaranteed academic rigor, this program is for you!
Thirty hours of instruction will be overseen by UW-Green Bay Faculty member, Cristina Ortiz and classroom teachers Amelia Canilho and Karla Weibel. This class is offered for non-credit, 2 undergraduate credits, or 2 graduate credits.
Every level will be accommodated! Whether you are a beginner, you took a few years of Spanish in high school or college, or you just need to brush up on your skills, this program offers flexibility and convenience. If you are new to the program, we will enroll you to take a pretest prior to the start date of the class. The instructors will work with you to determine the best class for you.
- $295 non-credit
- $524.86 undergraduate (2 Spanish credits)
- $848.94 graduate (2 Education credits)
Distance Education (Internet) Course Fees
- Segregated fees are assessed for all courses (up to the approved maximum for graduate and undergraduate courses in a given semester) if a student is registered for at least one on-campus course.
- Segregated fees are not assessed if a student is only registered for distance education and/or off-campus courses.
- A distance education fee of $20 per credit, in addition to tuition, will be included in the course fee for distance education courses hosted on UW-Green Bay’s D2L learning platform.
- Mona Christensen, Program Director, 920-465-2267, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Questions: Call Andrea at 920-465-2775 or email@example.com