Spanish Immersion for Professionals
August 3-7, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (includes lunch)
Held on the UW-Green Bay Campus
NEW for 2015:Can't get away all day for a week?
Choose Hybrid Spanish Language Study for the mornings.
If you need to learn Spanish, this program is for you!
Spanish Immersion for Professionals is designed to meet the changing needs of professionals who are in contact with Spanish-speaking customers or clients. With front-line professionals in mind, including those in health care, business, social work, law enforcement and education, this program will ‘speed course’ your way through an intensive week of study and cultural understanding.
Thirty hours of instruction will be provided by UW-Green Bay Spanish Dept. faculty and by native Spanish speakers.
This program is designed for every level. Students will participate in an online pre-test that will determine your skill level. A lineup of experienced instructors will teach to every skill level represented by the class. Beginner level students will have an 'intensive' experience - some English will be spoken to facilitate the teaching. For the intermediate and advanced students, no English will be spoken in the classes.
- NEW FOR SUMMER 2015!! Morning sessions will cover reading, writing and grammar. The morning sessions are either face to face on the UWGB campus or online. If your job or schedule don't allow for a full day to be away, you can complete the grammar sessions on your own time, by submitting homework in the evenings for the next day. You choose!
- Afternoon sessions will include engaging international discussions with Spanish professionals in Cuernavaca, Mexico, an international film, and a final exam on the last day. We will cover 'career vocabulary' plus travel and leisure, including sessions by career category. The afternoon session of the program is mandatory face to face.
- A homework tutor and language table will be available to all at the end of the day.
A typical day’s schedule
7:30-8:15 Breakfast (provided), Announcements and General Session
8:30 – 12:00 - Small groups based on proficiency level. Work on grammar and language acquisition skills according to level. Face to face or online.
12:00 – 12:45 - A prepared lunch (included in your program fees)
12:45 – 3:30 - Spanish for specific career-related fields, including career related vocabulary, situational and cultural understanding, interactive scenarios with professionals in Mexico. An international film is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
After 3:30 - To continue your immersion experience after class hours, optional activities include:
- Conversation tables hosted by native speakers
- Dinner at a select restaurant
- Don't forget to leave time for your homework.
- $425 for non-credit instruction, including lunch. ($100 minimum deposit is due upon registration) Remaining fees due by July 20, 2015.
- Two Spanish undergraduate credits, plus lunch and breaks: $685.00 ($38.48 application fee due at registration, $646.52 due one week before the program begins).
- Two Education graduate credits, plus lunch and breaks: $1,033.78 ($38.84 application fee due at registration, $994.94 due one week before the program begins).
- Registration Questions: Call Andrea, 920-465-2775 firstname.lastname@example.org