Further Information for Public Administration
- American Society for Public Administration. The largest and most prominent professional association in the field of Public Administration. Homepage @ http://www.aspanet.org/
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration. An institutional membership organization which exists to promote excellence in public service education. Homepage @ http://www.naspaa.org/
- National Academy of Public Administration. An independent, nonpartisan organization chartered by Congress to assist federal, state, and local governments improve their effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability. Homepage @ http://www.napawash.org/.
- Council for Excellence in Government. Its mission is to improve the performance of government, strengthen results-oriented management and creative leadership in the public sector, and to increase public understanding, confidence, and participation in government. Homepage @ http://www.excelgov.org/
- Government Jobs. The nation's leading web site devoted to helping individuals find the jobs they are seeking in the public sector. Homepage @ http://www.govtjobs.com/
- CNN's All Politics. Breaking news, features, documents, quizzes, and links to other net resources. Homepage @ http://cnn.com/POLITICS/
Further Information for Environmental Policy and Planning
- Student Conservation Association. The SCA provides people the opportunity to serve and protect our nation's valuable national parks, forests and urban communities. Information on internships, employment, and volunteer opportunities can be found here. Homepage @ http://www.sca-inc.org
- Environmental Jobs and Careers. Homepage @ http://www.ejobs.org
- EnviroLink. A grassroots online community that unites hundreds of organizations and volunteers around the world with millions of people in more than 150 countries. EnviroLink is dedicated to providing you with the most comprehensive, up-to-date environmental resources available. Homepage @ http://www.envirolink.org/
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA is a great resource for Environmental Science majors and can be found here: http://www.epa.gov/
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife.The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish and wildlife and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. Homepage @ http://www.fws.gov
- Wisconsin ’s Department of Natural Services. To protect and enhance our Natural Resources, To provide a clean environment, To insure the right of all Wisconsin citizens to use and enjoy them, and to consider the future. Homepage @ http://dnr.wi.gov/
- National Park Service. Homepage @ http://www.nps.gov/
Further Information for Urban and Regional Studies
- Urban Affairs Association: The Urban Affairs Association is the international professional organization for urban scholars, researchers.
- Project for Public Spaces: PPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining public places that build communities.
- The Urban Institute: "A nonpartisan economic and social policy research organization" or think tank, the Urban Institute site contains papers, research, links and more dealing with urban issues. See their Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center as well.
- American Planning Association: Organized to advance the art and science of urban and regional planning.
- The Taub Urban Research Center From New York University: "The Taub Urban Research Center at NYU's Wagner School explores issues and challenges affecting cities and metropolitan regions. The Center issues reports and conducts forums that include participants from government, business, nonprofit organizations, and the academic community."
Links for more help:
More help is available on-campus at the Career Services Office at SS 1600, 465-2163. Homepage @ http://www.uwgb.edu/careers/
Contact Academic Advising at SS 1600, 465-2362. Homepage @ http://www.uwgb.edu/advising/
Another service for UW System students on the Web is UW HELP On-Line. This service provides in-depth information on the programs of the UW System. You can find them at @ http://www.uwhelp.wisconsin.edu