Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative advisory board
We will be selecting seven enthusiastic community members to serve on the advisory board who are looking to volunteer, make a difference in the community and who are interested in overseeing all activities of the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative. We encourage parents and guardians of Black males to participate, be an active voice on this committee and assist in the decision-making. Duties of the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative include, but not limited to:
- Establishing policies and strategic planning for equity and access for Black males;
- Establishing College and Career Readiness programs for the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative members;
- Oversee recruitment, and outreach for the RIBM-LD;
- Set up monthly community town hall meetings, and academic seminars;
- Supporting and reviewing the performance of the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative members;
- Ensuring the availability of adequate resources for the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative members;
The recommendations infused within the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative advisory board strategic plans are from the Council of the Great City Schools and the U.S Department of Education August 2012 report, A Call for Change: A Preliminary Draft Blueprint for Action to Improve Educational Excellent and Opportunity for African American Males in Urban Education.
If you are interested in serving on the Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative advisory board please contact Ms. Kristyl Thomas.
Junior P.H.O.E.N.I.X Initiative advisory board members biographies
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
Major: Human Development
Minor: Non-profit administration
Volunteer service: Multicultural Center of Green Bay, African American Happenings of N.E.W., Parent Education Advocate/Consultant.
How come I got involved with the P.H.O.E.N.I.X initiative? I understand that equitable educational experiences equate to healthy communities.
Mr. Curtis Lewis
Hometown: Detroit, MI
Work: District Sales Manager with General Motors
Volunteer service: Boy Scouts, Boys & Girls Club, Transitional House Homeless Shelter, Dads Club Inc.
How long I have been in Green Bay community: 18 years
How come I got involved with the P.H.O.E.N.I.X initiative? A concern for the condition of young people.