Is Law For Me?
Law can be an interesting and challenging profession, but it is not for everyone. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to become a lawyer, and this work will start long before a person begins law school.
Students who are admitted to law school, and succeed once they are there, place a high priority on their education. As you consider whether or not the path to law school is for you, consider the following questions:
- Am I interested in the law? How it works? What it means?
- Am I willing to do the work to achieve high grades in all of my classes?
- Do I enjoy spending hours in a library doing research?
- Do I enjoy being challenged intellectually?
- Do I like to write papers, and analyze the writing of others?
Chances are, the field of law is not for you if you did not answer ‘Yes’ to all of these questions. If you answered ‘Yes’ you should be encouraged that law school is a choice that is within your reach.