Declaring a Major or Minor

How to declare your Major/Minor in Psychology

1. Complete the Declare my Major/Minor/Certificate e-form on the registrar's website. You will need to identify your advisor on this form. 

If you have previously declared a major/minor in Human Development or Psychology, contact your existing Human Development/Psychology advisor about declaring a major/minor in Psychology.

If you do not already have a major/minor declared in Human Development or Psychology, you will need to choose a faculty advisor. Below is a list of Psychology faculty who are currently accepting new advisees.
Jason Cowell

Illene Cupit

Regan Gurung

Jenell Holstead

Ryan Martin

Sawa Senzaki

Christine Smith

Kris Vespia

Dean Von Dras

Georjeanna Wilson-Doenges


2. Contact your faculty advisor and arrange to meet with him or her to get officially declared.  For majors, this meeting is required and must occur before your advisor will process your e-form. For minors, we encourage you to meet with your advisor, but do not require it.

Note: If you have a hold on your account because you need to declare a major/minor, that hold will not be removed until the above steps have been completed, and the Registrar's Office has processed the formal paperwork.