Crime Prevention Tip #9
|Previous Tip||Crime Prevention Tips||Next Tip|
Seven Ways To Reduce The Risk of Sexual Assault
- Communicate clearly with others about what you want and what you don't want.
- Set your sexual limits and intentions. determine what kind of intimacy, particularly touching, is okay with you.
- Make A Safety P.L.A.N., when you go where there is alcohol, you go where there is RISK.
- Partner with someone who will go with you or will know where you are going and when you will be back.
- Limit your alcohol usage to an amount that allows you to make good decisions.
- Avoid vulnerable situations, such as conflict, isolation from others, or dependence on strangers.
- Never place your physical safety in the hands of someone who is drunk (including yourself.)
- Be Aware of your surroundings. Listen to and trust your feelings. If a situation doesn't feel quite "right" LEAVE!!!
- Think "Safety." Don't jog alone or hitchhike. Keep your place safe by locking ALL doors and windows.
- Practice self-defense. Know how to yell and always have a whistle handy.
- Learn assertiveness skills.
- Take care of yourself, Don't Assume Others Will.
- Don't Assume "It can't happen to me!"