Parking Regulations


The State of Wisconsin provides no state tax money to the campus to construct or maintain parking facilities, therefore, a parking fee is levied to generate operating and construction funds.

Authorization for campus regulations comes from the Wisconsin Statutes. All other provisions of Chapter 346 of the Wisconsin Statutes relating to vehicular travel upon highways open to public use also apply to roadways on University grounds.

Information about parking regulations may be obtained by contacting the Parking Office at (920) 465 2301 or The Parking Office is located on Main Entrance Drive.


  1. Decals and permits are required during the fall and spring semesters from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday.
  2. During intersession and summer session, permits are required Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

- Top -


General Instructions

  1. Faculty, staff and students who operate motorized vehicles and who wish to park these vehicles on University property must purchase a decal or permit.
  2. A parking decal is not valid for the purpose of storing a vehicle on campus or for vehicles that have been disabled for more than 72 hours unless approved by the Parking Office.
  3. Decals are valid in all campus lots (excluding reserved or restricted stalls AND posted visitor parking areas).
  4. On automobiles, decals must be clearly displayed on the driver's side, rear passenger window. Alternative placement must be approved through Parking, prior to being used.
  5. License Plate Recognition cameras are used for parking enforcement.
    1. Permit holders are responsible for the accuracy of vehicle plate information supplied during the permit process.
    2. Intentionally providing inaccurate or fraudulent information during the permit process may result in an enforcement action.

Decal: Purchases, Replacements and Refunds

  1. Two time periods have been defined for the purpose of assessing fees:
    1. The first is the fall semester.
    2. The second is the spring semester, which includes both the winter session and the summer session.
  2. Decals may be purchased by semester or the full academic year (Sept 1 thru Aug 31).
  3. Evening decals (by semester or full academic year) are also available, valid from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
  4. Full time University Personnel purchasing decals for the full academic year only, may have the fee payroll deducted.
  5. In the event that a decal is lost or stolen a replacement decal may be purchased at the Bursars Office (SS 1300).
  6. A parking decal can be returned to the Parking Office for a partial refund based on the refund schedule.
  7. Parking Decals are the property of the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay.  If found do not use; return to Parking Office immediately. The transfer, sale, or exchange of a decal between persons is prohibited.  Violators will be cited for misuse of parking services and be referred to the Dean of Students Office for further action.

- Top -

Temporary Parking Permits

University Personnel & Students

  1. One day and five day parking permits may be purchased at the Parking Office located on Main Entrance Drive, or from the Office of Residence Life.
  2. Permits are valid only on the date(s) specified.
  3. These permits are sold to faculty, staff and students who have not purchased a parking decal.
  4. These permits are valid in all campus lots (excluding reserved or restricted stalls and the Campus Ct. Visitor lot by MAC Hall).
  5. Motorists who have purchased a decal that is attached to a temporarily disabled or unavailable vehicle, may obtain a short-term replacement permit from the Parking Office.


  1. Visitors must complete and sign the visitor log and a visitor parking permit will be supplied from the Parking Office or the Office of Residence Life.
  2. On campus residents may pick up a visitor parking permit in advance from the Office of Residence Life.  Resident will need the license plate of visitor’s vehicle & student ID.
  3. University Personnel who have guests coming & wish to email out an electronic visitor parking permit should contact Parking at least 48 hours prior to when the permit is to be sent to the visitor.
  4. Visitor permits are valid in all campus lots (excluding reserved or restricted stalls).
  5. There is no fee for visitor parking.
  6. Students and University Personnel caught using visitor permits may be fined up to $500 (as provided for in UWS 18.08). Students may also be referred to the Dean of Students Office.

- Top -

Restricted Parking Areas

  1. All specifically restricted areas (time restricted, handicap, end zones, etc) are enforced at all times.
  2. Motorcycle restricted areas are enforced March 15 through November 15.
  3. Time restricted zones are available around campus for the purpose of loading and unloading.  These stalls do require permits.  Vehicles exceeding the posted time restriction excessively may be cited multiple times.
  4. Service vehicle stalls around campus are restricted to those vehicles who have been granted permission, and have obtained and display the appropriate permit (in addition to their parking permit).
  5. The Mauthe Center parking is restricted to Mauthe Center use only. A separate Mauthe Center permit is required and supplied by the Mauthe Center.

Parking for the Disabled

  1. Reserve parking areas are available for the disabled.
  2. All disabled stalls require a valid parking permit to be displayed in addition to the disabled permit/plate. 
  3. Questions concerning H/C parking may be directed to the Parking Office at (920) 465-2301.

- Top -


  1. From November 15 through March 15 the Kress Center and Baird Foundation Lots are not available for parking from 2 a.m. - 6 a.m.
  2. Any requests to leave a vehicle on campus unattended for long periods of time should be made by contacting Parking in advance.

- Top -



  1. All bicycles are required to have a valid City of Green Bay bike license.
  2. A City of Green Bay bike license is available at Public Safety and the University Information Center/Main Desk at no charge.
  3. Bicycles should be parked in the bike racks provided on campus.
  4. Attaching bicycles to campus fixtures or property is prohibited under the provisions of Section UWS 18.06(8) of the Administrative Code.

Mopeds / Motorcycles

  1. As a motor vehicle, mopeds, motorbikes, etc. may not be driven on campus paths or sidewalks.
  2. All motorized bikes must be parked in motorcycle parking stalls or other general use stalls and are required to display a parking decal.
  3. Motorcycle permits may be purchased at the Bursar’s Office for $94.  If the owner of a motorcycle has purchased a decal for their automobile, the motorcycle decal will be issued at no charge.
  4. Motorcycle decals, should be secured using one of the bottom screws of the license plate.

- Top -


Towable Violations

UW-Green Bay Police Officers are authorized to have a vehicle towed from UW-Green Bay campus lands and may do so under the following conditions.

  • Parked in an area that would obstruct emergency vehicle access to university buildings and grounds.
  • Parked in an area (drive lane, curb, crosswalk, curb cut, etc) where the vehicle’s continued presence would present a potential hazard to pedestrians and/or motorists.
  • Long term continuous parking for storage or for disabled vehicles.
  • Parked in an area that hinders/obstructs the necessary operations of the university service vehicles and other service providers (loading docks, trash pick-up area)
  • Parking that impedes progress of necessary maintenance projects (snow removal, paving, etc.)
  • Illegally parked vehicle which prevents a legally parked vehicle from exiting.
  • A vehicle that to the best of the department’s knowledge and belief has been abandoned.
  • Unauthorized vehicles in a permit area, reserved stall or disabled stall/access aisle.
  • After the accumulation of $100 or more of parking fines that have gone unpaid for a period of at least 28 days or the vehicle registration has been suspended due to a UW-Green Bay action.
  • Out of state vehicles with UW Green Bay fines that have gone unpaid for a period of at least 28 days.
  • Parking illegally with license or vehicle identification number covered, unreadable, or missing.
  • Vehicle is leaking gas, oil, antifreeze, etc.
  • A condition which the officer determines is a hazard or obstructs the UW campus community.

Tow Fee

Any vehicle that is towed will be issued a tow fee by the company performing the tow. The tow company may also set a reasonable storage fee. The tow and storage fees, unpaid parking fees and the current towable parking violation are the responsibility of the operator of the vehicle.

Show-up Fee

If the operator of the vehicle shows up after the tow truck has been summoned, but before the tow is complete, the operator is responsible for any applicable tow fees which must be paid to the towing company.

Reclaiming your vehicle

Contact Public Safety located at Instructional Services 1024 or by telephone at 920-465-2300 ext .#2. The driver of a towed vehicle will be responsible for the tow fee and storage expenses. The University is not responsible for any damage incurred due to towing. Towed vehicles will be released when all outstanding citations, towing charges and storage fees have been paid.

- Top -